-♡ Almond tofu ♡-

.

.

.

I had enough, I decided I had stalled enough and i'm ready to see him. I prepared for....2? 3 days? Whatever- With my new knowledge of Liyue there's no way anything could go wrong. All I needed to do was act like I forgot about myself and slowly ease into it... It'll be fine. I hope-

Before I could second-guess myself more I glided off the mountain and headed towards Wangshu Inn, If he recognized me I would just need to act like I forgot. If he doesn't recognize me.... I'll just pretend to be a normal human I guess.

I plunged in front of the old stairs and climbed the rest of the way. It'd been a while since I moved this much, I needed to do some training badly.

I finally made it to the top and moved some of my hair away from my face before facing the 'Owner of the Inn'

"Hello i'm Verr Goldet, A room for one?" She asked politely but I had no idea what to say so I just accepted and got a key. She then asked me to do a commission to help 'Smiley Yanxiao' so I accepted it only for the free primogems and went to the kitchen.

"Hey, deliver this to the fellow upstairs, top floor." I didn't even get to speak before getting a plate of Almond Tofu thrown at me- I-....Whatever.

Humans just get worse and worse over time. They never change and are very blind.

I got to the balcony and looked around for the person the Almond Tofu was supposed to get delivered to. 

"To the blind, not everything is always as it appears." I heard a sort of raspy, quiet, yet calm voice next to me. I immediately recognized him.... Xiao.

 But I stuck to my plan and acted like a normal human. He looked at me for quite a bit of time not blinking so I waved my hand in front of his face and he immediately said thank you and left just as quick as he arrived.

It was an odd exchange but there was no doubt he suspected me but I had more important things to do like get my daily primogems. So, I went to Katheryne and received my primogems. I thanked her and added the gems to my Inventory-like pockets and bag. 

I did notice I had some Qingxins left in my inventory so.... Back to Xiao I guess...

.

.

.

Once I got back to Wangshu Inn, I made Almond Tofu and left some qingxins on the side of the plate as well as a note.

I went back up to the top floor and simply put the dish on the fence of the balcony and hid. 

I saw Xiao teleport to the Almond Tofu and watched as he ate then read the note. It wasn't anything important but he struggled to figure out what to write back. Before I could see what he was writing he teleported away.

"That's what I get for being a stalker" I mentally cry and go to my room for comfort. After meeting Xiao you were on edge and questioning everything. Did he know it was you? Did he think i'm weird? What if he thinks I am too much like the 'dead dendro yaksha'....aka... Too much like myself...

That sounds weird. But oh well, I think laying on my bed at 4:00pm was bad enough and I felt the need to go out and do something. 

.

.

.

Sure, normally i'd be relaxing on a tree right now. But I was paranoid if Xiao knew it was me. I laid down for about a few hours just contemplating suspicions that Xiao likely had about me. 

I obvi. didn't wanna waste money so I stayed in the Inn but being in a tree was much more comfortable, I went back on the balcony hoping Xiao wouldn't be there so I could sleep at the very top of the tree.

Once I got there, I didn't see anyone so I jumped extremely high and landed on the top of the Inn, I could see my mountain and really wanted to go back but something told me to stay. I did as my gut told me and closed my eyes for a bit until I heard someone.

"Why are you here." It was Xiao. "I'm going to sleep?" I responded somewhat nervously since he was just in front of me while Iaid on a tree branch.

He knew I slept in trees since they were comfy but I guess he just didn't want to get his hopes up incase I was really just some weirdo who slept in trees for the fun of it.

"Uhm...So why are you here.?" I questioned him but he simply went to another branch and said "I'm going to sleep." I knew he didn't need sleep and was likely there to watch over me to make sure I didn't fall or something, maybe if I fell off he would catch me though? No, I've never fallen out of a tree so it would be pretty weird to pretend to fall off just to see if he would watch me fall or catch me.

The atmosphere was weird now and I couldn't really sleep, he stared at me the whole time from across the tree but I just looked at the mountains and tried to ignore him. I knew he was VERY suspecting now but if I fell, it would likely lessen his suspicions. I had to... Just once to make him think it isn't me.

I tried to play it cool and slowly adjusted in the branch, he just looked at me questioning what I was doing but he probably thought I was getting comfy to sleep. It was a better plan then what I was really about to do so I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep.

I felt his gaze shift from my body to the sky, I slowly shifted my body weight to fall. If he didn't catch me I needed a plan though... I need a plan.. uhm.. 

I'll just trust him and hope he'll catch me.... yolo I guess.

I finally fell off the branch and I kept my eyes closed to 'not feel myself falling while I slept'. Xiao noticed I fell as he watched me 'accidently fall', he jumped off the tree and teleported to me. 

I felt his hands grab me bridal style and put me back on the branch I was previously on. He took a deep breath in and continued to hold me so I wouldn't fall again, I was panicking inside and I tried to relax and fall asleep for real this time since I was tired. 

He was holding on to me rather harshly and was very close to me, I felt his warm breath reflecting off my cold face, Liyue was pretty cold at night and I normally lit a fire nearby to stay warm since blankets didn't really exist back then so having Xiao hold me was the warmest i've been.

It was either my face heating up from the closeness with Xiao, or it was just him being REALLY warm. I wanted to open my eyes and look at his face but I knew that if I did, he'd immediately teleport away and I kinda didn't want that. So I tried to make myself tired and mentally ran around and it kinda worked.

After just a few minutes of thinking, I finally started feeling tired, I heard Xiao say something but it was too distorted to figure out, his timing was so bad yet so good, I felt drowsy and I fell asleep in his comforting arms.

.

.

.

.

-Total words : 1360-

Fun Fax w/ Author-Sama

> IM IN SKOOL WHILE WRITING HELP THEY'RE WATCHING MEEE

> MY CLASSMATE IS LOOKING 

> "my classmate is queer" -the silly next to me

> This chapter took me 3 hours to finish cuz I had no idea what to do for the scene where you two meet LMAO

> So many people keep joining my world cuz of my signature "Stop scrolling on the co-op list and join me silly" ww

> When I type "w" Its JP laughing , just had to say that cuz some ppl aren't cultured.