-♡ The Rite of Descension ♡-

Video is random lol

.

.

.

The Traveler finally finished their business in Mondtsadt and is now in Liyue, I should catch up with them for the Rite of Descension.

Zhongli already told you and Xiao his plan and is planning to send down a fake version of himself to presumably make the people of Liyue know that he isn't exactly Morax anymore.

You said goodbye for now to Xiao and you leaped off Wangshu Inn and glided towards Liyue harbor to wait for the Traveler.

Aether and Paimon arrived a few moments later and greeted you at the entrance of the harbor before making their way into the harbor and unlocking waypoints for the future.

They walked around and asked people about the Rite before making two offerings and placing them on the table.

They waited a few more minutes before they headed towards the place where the Rite of Descension was taking place and excited pushed through the crowd to see better.

Ningguang judged the placement of the sun carefully and looked down, determined it was the right time.

She walked a few steps towards the crowd as everyone bubbled in anticipation.

"The hour is upon us." She spoke clearly as two ladies next to her gracefully bowed.

She extended her arms and started glowing a vibrant yellow color as Geo particles circled around her.

They flew into the open-pot like structure in the middle of a table full of offerings and trinkets.

Inside of the structure, the crystals glowed powerfully as a beam of yellow energy was shot into the sky.

A tornado-looking cloud appeared and turned dark as lightning struck and the dead body of Liyue's God was thrown down into the table of offerings.

Everyone screamed and gasped as their sight was covered by a dark fog.

'Their god who protected them and blessed them with prosperity for so long, was killed by an unknown source. Seems dramatic enough' You thought to yourself as two girls who were close to his body fell over.

You silently chuckled at the thought that Morax had such a movie-ending quote unquote death.

The citizens of Liyue whispered among themselves while Ningguang approached the body and studied it for a few seconds before yelling.

"Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits!" Ningguang raised her and and summoned groups of Millelith soldiers to the scene and corner everyone.

"Wha..What's going on!? Did she just say Rex Lapis is.. The Geo Archon.. is.. DEAD!??" Paimon screeched loudly as the Traveler tried to shush her.

"Oh no, the Millelith! Looks like they're nabbing suspects who got too close." Paimon expressed her concerns for the assassination and floated around anxiously.

"Wait..We got close..Are we suspects!?" Paimon continued yelling at you and the Traveler.

"We should get going, besides staying here would get us questioned for no reason." Aether said he started sneaking and running away through the soldiers.

"Hey wait where are you going-!?" You and Paimon panicked and ran after the Traveler who looked like he was making his way out of the harbor itself.

.

.

The three of you silently made it to the stairs when suddenly, Aether accidently stepped on a piece of broken glass and alerted the nearby soldiers.

"They're here! Arrest them!" A soldier called out as the three of you sprinted down the stairs, jumping down the last few.

Aether scrambled to get up and the stairs were blocked by two separate groups of soldiers.

"There's nowhere to run!" The Traveler pulled out their sword and readied for a fight just as you heard someone in a bush.

"Hey buddies - hold still." A very certain voice spoke and released Hydro infused arrows before the person leaped out of the bushes.

He turned his Bows into Hydro dagger-like swords and quickly got rid of the soldiers.

"Come with me" He looked at you and winked before running away with the Traveler.

You got his hint and jumped off the stairs to distract the incoming soldiers.

You landed with a grunt and calmly walked towards the Northland bank, where you knew Childe had run off to with Aether and Paimon.

.

.

You came just in time to see Tartaglia handing the Traveler a Sigil of Permission.

You gasped at the sight from a few steps away, you knew that Sigils were thousands of years old so how did Childe have one? Did he have more?

'Why does he have a Sigil of Permission in the first place though..'  You thought as you approached them with the wind swaying your () hair.

You let the three of them yap for a little longer before tapping Aether on the shoulder to let him know you were there.

He acknowledged your presence briefly before needing to meet the Adepti at Jueyun Karst, even though you tried to tell him he didn't need to.

After a few minutes of getting waypoints, chests, and killing treasure horders, you guys finally got to Jueyun Karst where long story short, you killed some soldiers and talked to Moon Carver about Morax's death.

After the Traveler left however, you told him about Morax's retirement and that the body was fake, he sighed in relief and thanked you before seeing you off and telling you where the Traveler was apparently going next.

You were delighted to know they were heading towards Wangshu Inn and teleported there to let Xiao know everything that's been happening.

"Stay with me until the Traveler is here, because of the Sigil I cannot directly hurt them. But it doesn't bind you to the same terms." He sat in a tree with you until the Traveler arrived.

Aether made it to Wangshu Inn and you nudged Xiao to let him know it's showtime.

He sighed as you gave him a small kiss on the cheek before letting him teleport while you jumped down to the balcony a few feet below.

"To the blind, everything may not be as it appears..." He said the same line as when he met you and teleported next to Aether.

He tried to get the Traveler to leave but they came back with Almond Tofu a few minutes later and explained everything as he ate.

He ate quietly and acknowledged what Aether was saying, even though he knew Morax wasn't actually dead.

But he played along with the Traveler and said goodbye before telling him to talk to the other adepti about it.

"Stay here for a bit.." Xiao hugged you and leaned him head on your shoulder.

"mm..Fine, but only for like a few minutes." You bargained as Xiao held your hand and carried you into the room.

 He placed you on the bed carefully before getting in the bed himself and wrapped his arms over your waist.

He yawned before putting one of his legs over you as well to make sure you couldn't leave and fell asleep.

'EHHHHH!? HE WAS PLANNING THIS ALL ALONG TO HAVE ME STAY FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT-' You didn't know wither to laugh or cry but you fell asleep a few minutes later after knowing you weren't gonna break out of his grasp.

.

.

.

.

.

-TOTAL WORDS : 1142-