Cruel Summer

Song: So It Goes...

Reputation

The next morning, I woke up next to Lover on the couch, daylight streaming into the room. Lover's arms were wrapped around my waist and her head was tipped back with her mouth slightly open. I smiled at her still body before carefully slipping out of her grasp and walking into the kitchen. It was still early, and I was the first one up, so I decided to make some pancakes for Lover. As I poured the batter onto a pan, I felt arms wrap around my waist and turned around to see Lover resting her chin on my shoulder.

'Good morning love, I'm making pancakes you want some?'

'Ooh yes please rep'. 

Lover's voice was slightly husky, and her hair was messy from just waking up, it was one of my favourite things about her.

'Alright go sit down I'll bring you some. Syrup or ice cream?'

'When have I ever turned down ice cream?'

'You haven't' I said, smiling. I grabbed the ice cream out of the freezer and stacked a few pancakes on a plate for my girlfriend. I put some care into the design of the pancakes and placed a perfect scoop of vanilla ice cream into the centre of the stack, my tongue sticking out the corner of my mouth as I concentrated. I topped it off with a small piece of chocolate before placing the plate on the table in front of Lover.

'Breakfast is served, my love'.

'Thank you! Looks delicious!'

Once I got myself some pancakes, I sat down on a stool next to Lover and began to eat.

'What do you want to do today?' I asked after swallowing.

'Could we go to the beach? I haven't been in ages!'

'Are you sure? It's not that warm today'.

'It's fine rep, I just want to be there and cleanse my soul a bit'.

'Anything for you!'

'Yay!'

It didn't take long before everyone else started to come into the kitchen for breakfast at different times, Fearless walked in first, grabbing a box of cereal and then leaving. Then folklore and Speak Now, walking in together and looking for the box of cereal before leaving with a piece of raw bread each. Then 1989, who just grabbed the milk and chugged it straight from the bottle. Not long after a tired-looking Midnights wandered in before realising there was no milk nor cereal and leaving to yell at Fearless. I just sat and watched them with Lover's head on my shoulder, us both chuckling at the ridiculousness of the situation.

'Alright, I'm going to put our plates away and get ready, do you want to get dressed?'

'Are you good down here?'

'I got it, go get ready'.

'Ok! Don't be long'.

'I won't'.

Once Lover had gone upstairs, I washed our dishes and placed them on the drying rack before heading to my room. I searched through my drawers before settling on a black one-piece and throwing over a pair of shorts and a loose T-shirt. When I had gone back downstairs Lover was waiting by the front door. She was wearing a loose skirt and tank top, her blonde hair sitting in waves on her shoulders.

'Ready to go gorgeous?'

Lover blushed slightly at this.

'Yep! Let's go'.

'Awesome'. I said before leading the way out of the house and toward my car. I held the passenger door open for Lover as if I was a chauffeur.

'Your carriage, ma'am' I said with a mock official accent.