Seducing My Homophobic Friends - Part Sixteen

Tyler's Afterglow

Tyler's Afterglow

Walking home from Tyler's house after hooking up with him for the first time, I reflected back on what had happened. I'd had sex with Jack, but what happened with Tyler seemed different. I didn't want to use the 'L' word, but it seemed like it was more than just fooling around.

I found myself wondering if he had felt the same. It was all I could do to resist the urge to text him. Part of me wanted to tell him how much I cared for him. How we were best friends, but at the same time we could be so much more. But part of me realized what a bad idea that would be.

He had a girlfriend. I was moving away. I felt ashamed for what I'd done with him knowing that he was seeing someone. I didn't want to be that type of person. I wanted to be better than that. I wanted to be better for him.

Fuck it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I'm sorry. Send.

I didn't have time to put it back in my pocket before a response lit up my phone. Don't be. You didn't do anything wrong.

I did though. You're with Emma. I shouldn't have done that.

His response was immediate. It's not on you. I'm the one who was responsible for stopping it and I didn't want to.

I debated going back and apologizing in person. I stood on the sidewalk like a lost child. Do I go back home or do I turn around?

I'm gonna call her and talk to her. It's all good Carter.

I cringed, wondering what he was going to say to her. Was he going to tell her that he cheated? Was he going to say it was with a guy? Was he going to say it was with me? Fuck.

I suddenly regretted what I'd done. I wasn't a good friend. I continued walking home. Sleep wasn't an option that night. I laid in bed thinking about what had happened. I tried to be logical about it. I'd known Tyler for most of his life. His girlfriend had only known him a month and was just casually dating him. That made it okay right? Fuck. No it didn't.

It was almost 4am when my phone lit up. I broke up with her. It isn't your fault. You actually helped me more than you realize tonight.

I read it a few times, unsure what he meant. I simply sent him back a question mark.

I'll explain later.

After that, Tyler had gone a bit dark from the friend group. Everyone else chalked it up to him breaking up with his girlfriend. I suspected there was more to it than that. He finally hit me up late one night.

You up?

Always. What's up?

Come over?

I resisted the urge to sprint wildly to his house. Sure omw.

The summer air was still warm even though it was almost midnight. I walked slowly to give me time to collect my thoughts. I'd been trying my best to keep the thoughts of Tyler from my mind the past couple weeks. I have a bad habit of getting carried away and I didn't want that to happen with our relationship. Not that we had a 'relationship'...