Seducing My Homophobic Friends - Part Nineteen

Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye

The time had finally come. Tomorrow I was going to be moving away from my hometown. Part of me was excited, but part of me knew that I was going to miss my friends. Over the past few months I had managed to grow even closer to them than I could have ever imagined.

They had come by today to say their goodbyes. Hayden was his typical self. He brought me a framed picture of himself for me to hang in my room because he knew I was going to 'miss his gorgeous face'. Jack and Connor smoked me up and we had a nice long talk about life. Dylan gave me a scrapbook that he had filled with photos of the gang from over the years. Skylar didn't show up though. I was a little surprised but I got it. His feelings towards me were probably stronger than the rest of the guys. He didn't want to get emotional in front of them.

I climbed into bed and surveyed my room. Stacks of boxes lined the walls. My entire existence fit into a dozen large cardboard boxes. It was a strange feeling... even though we hadn't left yet, I felt like I no longer had a home. No matter what life threw at me, I always felt like I could fall back on 'home'. It was the anchor that grounded me. And now it was disappearing. I felt like a ship adrift on the seas. A mini panic attack was beginning to set in when my phone lit up. One new message from Skylar.

Hey, can I come over?

Of course! I was hoping to see you before I leave tomorrow.

I laid in the darkness of my room waiting to hear Skylar's car pull up in front of my house. I was shocked when there was a tap on my window. I opened it to find Skylar standing there. His face was a mixture of emotions.

"You could have used the door." I cracked a smile at him, trying to fend off the tidal wave of emotions that was building up inside him.

"I didn't want anyone to know that I was here." He climbed in through the window and took a seat on my bed.

"Why? You're my friend. You're allowed to visit to say goodbye."

"I suppose." Skylar was gripping the edge of the bed so hard that his knuckles were white. "I just..." He glanced up at me. I could see his eyes shimmering in the dim light. "I..." I saw the first tear fall onto his knee.

"I know Sky. I'm going to miss you too." He looked up at me. The pain on his face was so intense that it made me start to tear up.

"Don't leave." he blurted out. As soon as he said it I could tell that he wished he could take it back.

"We talked about this. You know that I have to go." I placed a hand on his shoulder. I could feel him trembling.

"I know." He looked back down. His voice was quiet. "I've been thinking about what happened between us." I sat down and waited for him to continue. "You made me truly happy for the first time in my life. I don't want to lose that."