Time passes

*Jason's prov*(pic above )

"Darren that food isn't going to cook itself!, now get move on man" l said loud enough for the other staff to hear to do the same. I walked through my little diner that l owned,

it wasn't much but it helped pay the bills. I never had enough money to pay for anything that l wanted, only what l needed. I never asked for much. I cursed to myself when l saw who was coming my way but before l could make a move l heard

"hey Jason long time no see, l still haven't got that call you promised? .Yeah l wasn't a really committed person, l liked woman but what man doesn't?. I just couldn't see myself settling down with the so called "right" person." ugh yeah ehm...Lucy..."I kept my face looking at her reaction, when she instantly smiled l know l had said the right name.

l then wanted to pat myself on the back but l continued."i just haven't had the time , with working and keeping this place in order its" l was interrupted when she said "oh yeah , right what was that old man called? ..ugh.. Frank was it ?"My temper started to rise with the carelessness clearly in her voice " yes Lucy he died, now l have to get back to work so could you please leave if you not getting anything!" l actually didn't lie in that part, l am still upset about his death,

he was like a father to me. When l saw her turn around with a humph she walked out the swinging door of the diner and got into her clearly brand new car which was of course 'pink'

I turned and saw about seven customers having their meal and eating away happily .I smiled at the happy customers and made my way to the kitchen.

When l opened my door everyone turned "nice job guys, you did well today just make sure it doesn't get out of hand again okay?" l saw a few understanding nods and a few muttering yes Jason

. I have worked here since l was 8.I can still remember when l was that age .Looking for work because my parents were of course always drunk and refused to get any jobs, but with the state they were both in no wonder no one hired them .When the diner first opened l remember walking in nervously and scanning around the little red and white walls and furniture. When l finally saw a man he looked very agitated and annoyed. Lets just say he wasn't going to be the type to just give an 8 year old a job. When l turned l quickly turned back again knowing that if l did leave that l wouldn't be able to get food for not only me but my parents as well .

When l looked up at the old man he was already looking at me, well looking down on me is what it felt like. I knew for certain what his answer was but l needed to take the chance. Once l took a deep breath l quietly spoke "excuse me sir but is there any jobs available? , l swear l am a hard worker and ill do anything, please" l pleaded thinking of the time my father once said to the manager of the shop when he said the same thing, he got turned down of course but maybe this wont be the same with me .I instantly saw a bit of sympathy in the mans eyes as he heard my words, l then saw him travel down to my clothes and back up. I couldn't blame him though what l was wearing wasn't very appealing for a job, but as l said l never had a lot and as l looked down at my dirty, ripped shoes with one with no sole. I quickly looked up and saw the sympathy the man was replaced with his once stone cold face. He took a few moments before replying "son , you are too young to even be thinking of getting a job, the answer is certainly no... Im sorry" he quickly added with no emotion.

I nodded my head with disappointment knowing this was his answer. I walked towards the door until l heard another mans voice shout "wait!". I turned my head to look at the man and seen him sit on one of the red stools of the diner having what l think was a full breakfast and seen a brown paper bad in his old jacket pocket which l instantly recognised with my mum and dad constantly buying it , alcohol. I instantly got a little nervous as l saw him making his way towards me .