Jealousy

Harry and Kingsley was watching Ron leave the Dark House. It was an abandoned house that they had caught a death eater a few years ago. The house had become run down since then. Way worse than Harry has seen any house. It was night, and Ron must be heading to Grimauld Place for the night. "Severus has to be in there." Kingsley stated. Harry nodded, waiting for Ron to apparate away. 

After they heard the crack, Harry rushed to the door. It was locked, but with several different spells, they were able to get inside. The place was dirty and dark. "Lumos." The end of Harry's wand lit up and he pointed it around. Somehow, he knew that Ron had hidden him in a basement just like they were kept in Malfoy Manor. Revenge at its finest. 

"Over here," Kingsley called. A door that he'd just opened that lead down some rickety and broken stone stairs. Harry lead the way down. A fireplace was crackling, the only source of light. A figure was standing beside the hearth, staring into the fire. 

"Severus," Harry said, holding his lit wand high at the figure as it slowly turned. 

It was Severus. He was thinner in the few days that he'd been captured. He looked angry at Harry, although he knew that it wasn't directed at him. "Potter, thank you for coming to get me," Severus stated, walking towards them. 

Harry stood there awkwardly as Severus walked slowly up the stairs. He could tell that the man was weak, yet knew he would refuse any type of help from anyone other than Hermione. He stopped at the top of the stairs and asked, "Do you happen to have my wand?" 

KIngsley held out the black wand for Severus to take. Severus took it and closed his eyes, sighing with relief. He had his wand back and no longer felt helpless. He thanked them both and walked out of the house without a second glance at them. Harry and Kingsley looked at each other, but said nothing to oppose Severus as he left. They'd get official statements later. 

Severus was on a mission. He knew that Ron would be at Grimauld Place with Lavender and their boys. He was determined to just show up and surprise the man. He didn't trust himself to apparate, but it was the only way to get to Grimauld Place. As he turned in place and felt himself twist as he landed on the stoop of his destination, he groaned. 

He walked in the door calmly and searched each room for Hermione. She was the only one he wanted to see at the moment. If he saw Ronald first, though, that was fine with him. He heard voices down in the kitchen, so he walked down to them. Hermione was talking with Ginny, tears in her eyes. Ron was leaning against the wall close by. 

"Why are you crying?" Severus asked, stepping into the kitchen fully. 

Everyone stared as he walked in. Ron's jaws dropped and his eyes grew both fearful and angry. Hermione got up and rushed around the table to capture him in a hug. Severus wrapped his arms around her and held her tight, eyes staring at Ron, though. 

"What happened to you?" Hermione asked, stepping back. Severus drew himself up to his full height, staring at Ron. Hermione's eyes followed Severus' to Ron. She glared at him. "What did you do?"

Ron scoffed. "I've done nothing, Hermione. He's trying to turn you against me.'

Severus rolled his eyes. "You kidnapped me in this house and took me to that basement. Told me how Hermione was happy I was gone. You sent me howlers to try to break my spirit."

"Why, Ron? We're just friends." Hermione stated. 

Ron gritted his teeth and looked away. "You want to know, Hermione. You're supposed to be with me! Not that bat." 

Hermione's mouth was agape, shocked at Ron. "We tried. You completely took my pregnancy the wrong way. It was a one night stand, Ron. We had a chance to be something and you were a complete arse about my pregnancy. Then you went and married Lavender." 

Ron went to walk closer to Hermione, but Severus stepped forward, eyes dark. The Spy was back and angry. He gripped his wand and pointed it at Ron. "Stay away from Hermione," he warned. Ron sneered at the man, but said nothing. 

Harry had just walked in and looked around. His eyes landed on Ron and he sighed. "Ron, I'm going to have to take you in," he said with an awkward look around the room. 

Ron looked at his friend, shocked. "What? Are you serious Harry?" 

"Ron, you kidnapped Snape. I've got to take you in," Harry explained. 

0o0o0

This is a short chapter. Sorry. I've written a little too much for The Affair just now. Sorry.