chapter 1

Moon, stood awake with stars as if it is his companion. While sweet breeze run here and there trying it's best to reach it's undecided destiny. As moment pass by moon started to hide it's presence. Soon the whole moon can be seen as half moon.

"Pappa see, Moon also want to play hide and seek" Said a 4 years old girl trying to convince her father to play hide and seek not knowing her father is tried working whole day.

"Selvina, pappa is tired today. can we play it tomorrow?..... " As father waited for his daughter to replying him, he could see the sadness as his daughter turned to him. He immediately pick her up.

"Ok, I will give you a chocolate. What about that?" As soon as she heard it, her eyes lit up. There was no presence of sadness, her thought about playing hide and seek was long gone. Her father chuckle at her reaction. Knowing how much she like chocolate.

"Pappa?"

"Hmm..?"

"Pappa, why my name is selvina? Ravi said that I'm not like you all, am I not your daughter? " At this her father frown.

"Who said that huh? You are my daughter, my little princess. Don't listen to them they are jealous of you because you are special " The little girl giggle knowing that she is special.

"But pappa why is my name selvina?"

The father walked towards the window and look at the moon and then at daughter.

"Do you want to listen a story? " Asked the father in soft voice. While daughter nodded her head like her life depends on it. after all, she love to listen stories.

"You know many years before, one king was happily living with it's queen. And after sometime later, a little princess was born who was very just like you "

"Really pappa? Just like me? " Asked the girl with wide eyes.

"Yes, just like you " He give a warm smile as he noticed his daughter reaction.

"What is father and daughter talking about? " Said the women interrupting them.

"Mumma, pappa is going to tell about a new story " Said the daughter, all excited to listen new story.

"It's time for you to sleep. Come here let's sleep" Said the mother while looking at them while father can't do anything, after all it's order from his wife.

"Other time selvina. You mumma is here" He said, as he placed her daughter on sofa.

"No pappa, I want to hear story please"

"Your mumma will scold me, and will not give me anything to eat, you want that to happen to your father " He said in low tone as his daughter shook her head aggressively. He smile a little.

"What is father and daughter whispering? " Asked the mother while raising her eyebrows.

"It's secret between us " Said father while giving high five to his daughter as if they were planning something big.

Few minutes pass by. As daughter keep telling what she did today when her father was out for work.

"Do you like moon, selvina? " Anyone can see the spark inside her eyes as mention of moon.

"Yes! Yes! I like moon more then chocolate! " Said the daughter excited.

"More then me?" Asked the father more in teasing way.

"No! No, I like you more pappa" He give a chukle.

"Your pappa also love moon. Whenever you feel like alone know, just look at moon." Said the father while gently patting her head.

"Good night.. "

"Pappa, why are you leaving me?"

"I have some work, don't worry I will be back"

"No, don't leave me. I'm scared"

"Don't leave me! Please!" I scream. waking up from bed, gasping out.

It's dream. I whisper to myself, soon my breaths were normal. I look around my room. 6 am in morning I signed. I got up heading straight towards bathroom.

After few minutes later.

I looked in the mirror. Today I have to go to school not for studies but to take photos so I have to wear school uniform. Our exam of 10th std are done and tomorrow is our farewell. As we are the most naughtiest class our principle can even get he decided to postpone our farewell and photo shoot.

I looked around searching for that particular thing and soon I find out, it's my id card. The basic information was written there. My name selvina naik, age - 15 and so on. But soon I'm going to turn 16.

I took my id card, phone, money and my school bag and head outside. I come in dinning room, as usual there was breakfast on table and some money which my mother always keep there before going to work. I seat there in silence having breakfast. After doing some little work remain in kichen I headed towards my school bag. Kept water bottle and tiffin inside and head towards school.

I looked at the screen it's shows 7.20am. I can catch bus at 7.30am and reach the school at 8.am.

I got to know that other students of lower class were also here for decoration of farewell. And because of it we were not allowed to roam freely. I went in classroom where there were my other classmate, I greeted them, through I don't want all attention towards me but I have to,after all I was know as greeting machine, full of energy, and if I suddenly stop it then they keep on asking what happen. And  I know there are few people just want to hear to make a fun of me which I don't want to make. I sat quietly at window seat I was thankful that I had earphone with me.

Soon there come announcement that all students of 10th std are requested to gather in Hall. We all headed to hall. We took photos with different teachers but soon after that some students were told to take photo individually and I was one of them. I hate it. I hate taking photos but I had no choice. After almost taking 6 photos I give up I told them to select any one from them. it's not like they are taking that picture to find husband for me Or making a huge poster of me as goddess. Ahh! I hate it.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realized that, I was staring at someone?

Thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoyed reading this.. 🤗