Disclaimer

This story while completely fictional, relates to the dark years of the Cold War between the West and the East. And while a current situation is developing all over the world, this story takes place exactly to the days where the Soviet Union and their Allie's were building weapons and using oppression to control their citizens.

In this alternate universe, Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet President is ousted in a coup by Pro- Dictatorship factions led by a young Vladimir Putin(Putin was a KGB commander in the Cold War) and other political leaders.

Along with the rest of the Soviet Union, the tensions between the west and the east start back up again. Other communist factions and pro- Soviet factions begin amassing troops and weapons in the next few years leading to the early 21st century.

By 2003, the Soviet Union has been reformed as the Greater Soviet Alliance which has spanned its borders with China, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the now Annexed Eastern Bloc, Cuba, Grenada, Panama, Belize, Argentina, Peru, Indonesia, Most of the Middle East, and Finland including Mongolia and even some parts of Africa.

Some countries eventually join the Greater Soviet Alliance through force or through corrupt government leaders willing to get money for personal actions. The United States is now having to deal with a rising tension again and with few allies, they have no chance of winning.

But not all hope is lost.

To counter the new Soviet Union, the world makes a Union of their own combining all pro west or pro democracy groups, countries, and states including U.K, France, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, West Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Etc. This becomes known as the Western Coalition.

For a while, both sides tend to meet each other in peace talks and even settle in some discussions, but after rising levels of violence and hatred across the world including the reports of human rights abuses and pro-imperialist views coming from the Soviet Alliance, both sides settle things with anger and hatred.

As both sides prepare their armies on the East German Borderlands, North Korea, The Caribbean, and even Egypt, the world braces for impact until their worst fears come true.

GSA forces land at key spots all over the Berlin Wall and mount a surprising military campaign against the west. Soviet troops land in France while Soviet Bombers raid the city of Seoul and Tokyo. WW3 has just begun.