The War

As soon as the attack order was given, Soviet aircraft and artillery immediately opened fire on the city of West Berlin and the town flew into a panic.

Even as Soviet tanks and troops rolled into the streets, nobody could understand what was going on. They thought it never happened but their worst fears came true.

Hearing word of the attack, West Germany along with the U.S troops based in Germany began preparing and fighting. A bunch of evacuation centers and military checkpoints were set up to aid evacuating refugees.

But those quickly became military targets.

As the Soviet Union sent their mighty armies to the west, battles were raging in the pacific too. The South Korean border was quickly overwhelmed and the troops were forced to flee the territory. North Korean forces along with aiding Russians and insurgents were able to capture a decent amount of territory and began establishing supply routes.

Vietnamese and Laos along with small Burma troops began fighting in the Philippines and India and even threatened the borders of Nepal. Mongolia provided the GSA with all the troops and weapons it could ever need. Australia and New Zealand upgraded their defenses as soon as war broke out and Papua New Guinea was quickly threatened by the GSA.

In the Middle East and Africa, Civil War and small conflicts broke out all over the continent. Warlords who aligned themselves with the GSA managed to get their hands on old Soviet weapons and they were pretty effective on the field.

Towards Southern Europe, France was being invaded on the Mediterranean and the island of Corsica was under complete GSA occupation. Italy was being invaded as well and the Soviet troops were parachuting to Rome where the heaviest casualties occurred.

Spain and Portugal also had to deal with problems of their own. It was harder enough for them not winning but out in Scandinavia was much worse. As Soviet Finish and Russian troops began marching towards Norway and Sweden, Denmark fell within a few minutes. Stockholm was captured and by that point, all of Scandinavia was under GSA control.

In South America, Cuba immediately began firing missiles upon the Mexican capital while Argentina and other soviet aligned forces began marching towards the rest of the continent. Brazil was under current fighting while Colombia surrendered in just 2 weeks. Panama allowed for Soviet navies to reach through the communist states in South America which created more problems.

As for the United States now caught up in all this, the whole entire country was in a panic. As news of the recent events kept popping up, the US did everything to ensure that they could defend themselves against the Soviets.

A full fledged mobilization order was called all the way to the Pentagon and soon every American city was filled with troops and military equipment. Hawaii however fell to the Soviets soon after the attack on the island's defenses. GSA fleets from China, Russia, Cuba, and North Korea began scrambling towards the mainland while the Americans assembled the homeland defense fleets and the U.S Naval Reserves.

Battles raged upon the coastlines as the Soviets drew closer and closer to the mainland up on the west of California. While that was happening, another Soviet fleet was amassing near the eastern side of the American continent. The targets on that side were mostly Boston, New York, Washington, and Philadelphia city.

A two pronged attack, one that the Americans never saw coming. The real fight was about to begin.