Chapter Nine

The officers entered Mary's room. "Hello Mary. Or should I say Dorothy?" Asked the one in charge. Mary swallowed and gave them a nervous smile. "I'm officer Ronnie. Why did you lie about your name?" He asked as he sat down on the chair in the corner. Mary looked at officer Ronnie. "I didn't use a fake name officer. Is it possible my name was confused with another?" Lied Mary. "Your not logged on the system Mary" said the officer. "I only got here today, and haven't had a chance to fill in any medical forms so they have assumed I'm someone else, I guess we look familiar" she said. Mary pointed to a clipboard with a sheet that hadn't been filled in. "Do you know what it's like to lose a child officer? The excitement of bringing new life into the family, only to be taken from you in an instant. The emotional pain hurt more than the physical pain" she told him. "Medical forms have been the last thing on my mind" she added. "Of course Mary we are so sorry for your loss. We just needed to check" replied officer Ronnie. "Good. Now please leave my room. I'll answer your questions when I'm at least able to sit up" said Mary. Officer Ronnie nodded his head and walked out the room. "Oh Peter can we have a word" he said half way out the door. Peter didn't say anything and followed them into the hospital hall. "We just wanted to let you know that shes still going to be questioned however long it takes for her to heal" office Ronnie said as he looked at Peter. "I know officer" replied Peter. That's when Leslie walked out of her room confused. "You". She said behind Peter, further down the hall. The officers looked confused. "You. I know your face. I know you" she kept repeating the same lines. The officers looked at Peter then walked to Leslie. "What are you?" Asked Leslie. "She has amnesia Peter told the officers. "Your Leslie yes?" He asked. "I've been called that multiple times. So probably" she replied. "I might not remember things but I know his face. Why do I know his face?" She kept asking. "That's Peter" officer Ronnie told her. Leslie's face expression changed. "Yes Peter. Peter? Peter look out!" She shouted but there was no danger. The officers thought she had lost her mind but officer Ronnie was wondering why she knew Peter. "Peter did something. Something bad" Leslie said as she looked a little scared of Peter. Officer Ronnie turned to look at Peter. "Peter do you know what she means?" Peter denied what Leslie was saying. That's when Alyssa came out to check on Peter. "You. I know you too. You hurt someone. A girl" Leslie pointed at Alyssa. "Leslie are you  aware you have a daughter?Has she visited yet?" Asked officer Ronnie. "Daughter. You hurt my daughter. What did you do to her?!" Leslie shouted at Alyssa starting to panic. Officer Ronnie walked over to Alyssa."what did you do to Harper  Jones?" He asked. "We got into a fight at school. She was spreading rumours about me and my family" explained Alyssa. officer Ronnie sighed. "Alyssa are you aware Leslie reported harper missing before her crash?" Asked officer Ronnie. "No" replied Alyssa. Ronnie looked back at Leslie. "Killer! Killer!" She started screaming at Alyssa. "Right Alyssa turn around. I'm taking you down to the station. "What?!" Asked Peter. They put handcuffs on Alyssa's wrists and escorted her out of the hospital. Everyone stared at her as she passed through the waiting room and into the parked police car outside. "I didn't do anything!" She shouted as she was put in the car. Officer Ronnie ignored her and closed the door. The car left the car park and made its way to the police station. "Go to your sister and make sure she's okay" Said Mary weakly. Peter nodded and called another taxi to the station.

Alyssa pulled up at the police station and officer Ronnie helped her out the car. They were taken to a minor small room with a table and a chair. The lighting was intimidating. She sat down in the chair. Officer Ronnie sat in a chair opposite her at the table. "Alyssa. I wanna talk about Harper" said officer Ronnie. "Go ahead. I didn't do anything. You surely don't think I killed someone?" She replied. "See I don't know what to believe Alyssa. You don't seem like you'd commit such a crime but I have to ask you of course. Did you kill Harper jones?" Asked Ronnie as he leant forward and put his elbows on the table. "No" she lied directly to his face. "What about Leslie's accusation" he asked. "Are you being for real? The woman was hit by a car and lost her memory. You believe her?" Asked Alyssa. "I believe in evidence" replied Ronnie. "You don't have any evidence" replied Alyssa. "I wouldn't be so sure about that" replied Ronnie. He slammed photos on the table. "A Neighbours doorbell camera captured harper sneaking into your house. She never left. My theory would be she's still in the house dead or alive" Ronnie said raising his voice. Alyssa didn't know what to say. That's when they were interrupted by someone opening the door. It was a woman. "Sorry to interrupt, but someone named Peter is kicking off at main reception" she said. Ronnie sighed. "I'll be right back Alyssa" he said as he left the room, locking the door behind him. Alyssa could hear Peter shouting. "I WANNA SEE HER! WHERE IS MY SISTER?!" He shouted. Officer Ronnie entered the main reception. "Peter I need you to calm down or I will cuff you" he threatened. "Your sister is fine. I'm just asking her some questions" he said. Peter slowly calmed down. "She's not a killer!" He said as he stared into Ronnie's eyes. That's when Alyssa's voice was heard behind him. "Then Peter hit him around the head with his crowbar. He killed my dad". But it wasn't Alyssa herself. It was a voice recording that had been played. Cameron was stood behind them holding up the tape recorder with Alyssa's voice on it. "He's right. She's not a killer! He is!" Shouted Cameron as he pointed at Peter.

Officer Ronnie looked at Peter and shouted for the other guards to tackle him. Peter didn't think twice as he pushed Cameron onto the floor and raced out the door. He ran as fast as his feet would take him, without stopping for a single breath. Officer Ronnie shouted into his radio "I want EVERY officer looking for PETER FORD" he ran to his car and started the engine in hopes of finding Peter.