unbalanced scales once more

────────────

Mirror Chamber

───────────

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments?" A red headed boy asked whilst looking around the room as if he was expecting something to happen.

"All right, new students -- let me clear. At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head." He announced as he stood up from his seat, dusting his black ceremonial robes off. 

A boy with lion ears who had been sitting next to him yawned and stretched his arms. "Well, that ceremony was boring as ever compared to last year-" He moans out eyeing the boy who had been sitting next to him through out this ceremony with a tablet floating on top of his lap. That boy clicked his tongue and rolled his eye at the comment.

"Well it's such a shame that you'll have to ride through this year solo again. Well there's always next year [M/N]"The boy with lion ears smirked reveling in the dissatisfaction his seatmate was showing. 

"Last time I checked the front row seats were reserved for Housewardens, not stray dogs." A boy with glasses and white hair peeking underneath the hood of his robes commented. 

"Well it's not as if I'm taking up much space with Idia here being all portable and pocket sized-"[M/N] replied, taking a hold of the floating tablet that served as Idia's physical replacement and shaking it for emphasis."-and besides I AM a Housewarden. A Housewarden of MY own dorm."

 '...more like delusion...' The boy with glasses muttered underneath his breath. 

"And who exactly do you lead in that dorm?" Idia's voice from tablet in [M/N]'s lap spoke up with a slight static overlay. 

"All the rats, roaches and whatever pests infest that sorry excuse for a shed obviously." The boy with lion ears cut [M/N] off before he could give a proper reply, smirking with his response as [M/N] narrowed his eyes at the lion beastman. His feline ear twitched before turning his attention to the sea of students sat behind him.

"I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw, follow me." The boy with lion ears announced as he stood up.

"Pushing that aside-" The boy with glasses announced with a clap of his hands. He stood and turned to face the students behind him. 

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. I am Azul Ashengrotto, Housewarden of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience-" 

Azuls speech was cut off by a boy who underneath the hood of his robe would be classified as handsome by the general public.  "Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony."

'...some headmage he is...' Idia's weak voice emerged from the tablet floating above [M/N]'s lap.

"Maybe he had a tummy ache?" A boy with red eyes spoke up, folding his arms across his chest as he leaned back into the pew. His thoughts were cut short as Crowley bursts through the large mahogany doors of the chamber. 

"I most certainly did not." Crowley said as he walked up the aisle to the front with what looked to be a cat restrained by his signature whip and a rather short stature student following behind him.

'Ah speak of the devil-'

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show for orientation." Crowley's words and the presence of the new guy caused [M/N] attention to perk up, leaning forward eagerly to get a better look at the boy. He nudged and elbowed at the boy with lion ear's side.