the morning after

────────────

Main Street

───────────

"Move it! Outta the way!" Grim shouted out as he strolled down Main street making a show of himself and taunting Ace about his unfortunate predicament. The boy's metal torture device around his neck hung heavy as Ace gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. Grim did not hold back on the constant onslaught of insults he was hurling at Ace, it was like a child discovering the existence of the internet for the first time with how 'creative' Grim's insults were. The ginger growled and angrily spat curses underneath his breath that consisted of the lines "...sleep with one eye open, you damn cat..."

"Alright my adorable underlings, unfortunately your wonderful senior has to leave-" [M/N] attempted to escape but was stopped by Ace pulling him back by the wrist.

"Oh no you don't !" Ace growled as he tugged the older student next to him. "You have to own up to what you said yesterday! No way am I going to face the Housewarden all on my own."

"Ahhh.. Do I have to?" [M/N] let out a dramatic sigh as he staggered in his steps.

"AND TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR LAST NIGHT!" Ace jerked [M/N]'s arm forward harshly which caused the Housewarden to stumble into the ginger.

"...Did something happen when you were over at Ramshackle Dorm?" Deuce piped in, tilting his head in interest at Ace's words.

"None of your business!" Ace shouted out defensively, his face was flushed red as he recalled the memory from last night and how he was left in a hard place. The ginger glared at [M/N] who had a shit eating grin on his face, he had no feelings of remorse for teasing the freshman the way he did last night.

"Regardless you won't be able to participate in classes if you can't use magic, so just suck it up and apologize to the Housewarden." Deuce sighed and shook his head in disappointment at the behavior of his classmate. Though a feeling was stirring inside of his chest, as he still wondered what could've happened between Ace and the Ramshackle Dorm Housewarden that night. He placed a hand on where his heart would be, he looked up and watched Ace and [M/N] tease and push each other. This feeling was eating inside of him, how he wishes that instead of Ace that the Housewarden was laughing with; it was him.

"Aaaargh! I hate this so! Much! Does no one realize I'm the VICTIM"

Ace gripped his hair in frustration.

"Hmm.. We still have some time to kill and I am curious about the other dorms. Heh I'll come along to see you grovel for freedom." Grim said as he hopped up onto Yuu's shoulder. "Come my Henchman and Bodyguard, we gotta see Ace's attempt at groveling."

"Eh?! I have my own classes to deal with, besides last time I checked I'm not responsible for Heartslyabul students." [M/N] crossed his arms as he stared at the group with a raised brow.

"Nuh uh! No you don't, besides aren't you such a caring and generous upperclassman... Would you really leave a freshman like me to the hands of someone so tyrannical.." Ace pleaded with a whine as he bats his lashes at [M/N] in which [M/N] gave the boy an unamused look. 'Tch' Ace scoffed at [M/N]'s inflexibility.

"Are you really going to leave me alone with this group of people..." Yuu said blankly as he pointed his thumb at the other members of their gaggle group.

"Socializing is good for you." [M/N] responded with a grin. Yuu groaned at the way [M/N] still wouldn't budge. [M/N] turned his head towards Grim to see what his attempt would be. Grim laid his ears flat against his head and stared up with wide eyes that twinkled, the boy could feel his will waver slightly at the sight. Grim let out a small mewl which sent the final strike through [M/N]'s heart causing the boy to clutch his chest. "O-okay..." [M/N] mumbled out in defeat.