late night interlude

────────────

Ramshackle Dorm - [M/N]'s Room

───────────

[M/N] let out a yawn as he stretched his arms. The boy was getting ready to fall on to his bed until he noticed a green glow from the corner of his window. He smiled to himself as he recognized that familiar glow from anywhere. [M/N] made his way over to the window ledge, pushing it open and sticking his head out. The cold night air breeze nipping at his cheek as he eagerly waved at the dark figure standing down below.

"Mal it is good to see-" [M/N] lost his balance and stumbled forward. He closed his eyes bracing for the harsh ground below him but it never came. [M/N] cracked his eyes open to find himself floating just inches before the ground. Malleus had taken the liberty of casting a spell on the boy to break his fall.

"Greetings to you too, my little hound." Malleus chuckled as he undid his spell which caused [M/N] to land on the ground with a thump.

"So what brings you here?" [M/N] asked as he dusted himself off before standing up next to the horned fae.

"You have other residents?" Malleus asked. His eyes glued to the Ramshackle Dorm and how one of the rooms still had its lights turned on as it glowed a vibrant orange through the window.

"Ah right!" [M/N] snapped his fingers at the realization. "You probably haven't heard... because you weren't at... the orientation..." [M/N] trailed off at the end of his sentence. The boy looked away bashfully in slight guilt as he meant to remind Malleus but never got the chance to. Malleus let out a small hum of acknowledgement as he eyed the shorter boy next to him.

"Basically I got two new students enrolled in my dorm and the Headmage finally officially recognize my position as Housewarden." [M/N] recounted the events to his horned friend.

"I must congratulate you on your achievements then, it must have taken a great amount of effort for a hound such as yourself." Malleus held a small smile on his face as he congratulated his friend. Malleus raised his hand to affectionately run his fingers through [M/N]'s hair, combing out his locks with a hum.

"Yeah, I know right." [M/N] was still feeling all giddy and excited from finally being officially recognized as a Housewarden.

"If it means anything to you... I was thinking about you that day, I wanted to invite you to orientation but-"

"Oh?" Malleus' eyes widen for a moment upon hearing [M/N]'s words. "You thought of me?" Malleus said in a softer tone, one that he couldn't believe even for himself.

"Of course I'd think of you. You are one of my friends after all." [M/N] snickered as he sent a light punch towards Malleus' chest. The horned fae was still processing the fact he was referred to as a 'friend' genuinely.

"Just because you're some hotshot heir and one of the top 5 mages won't scare me. I can also pack a punch see." [M/N] chuckled as he lifted his arm up. He pulled back the sleeves of his shirt to show off his existent/non-existent gun show.