13

"I'm not watching anymore."

"Mal, come on," Warner says. "We've talked about this, and you said-"

"I know what I said, and I change my mind!"

"We both knew he was going to come back some how."

"I know, and now that he's back, I know I'm going to see something I don't want to."

"Malibu, you're being a brat," he says as he rolls his eyes.

"Soooooo!" I exclaim.

"You can't go your entire life not knowing what happened. It sucks, I know, but it'll be better than being left in the dark about everything."

Ugh, he's right. I hate when he's right. I know that this'll keep nagging at me until I explode. I just know something bad is coming. When I first found out about Duncan and Courtney, it crushed me. Break ups, whether it's with a friend or a boyfriend, in my case both, it sucks either way. I just don't want to go back. I've tried to stay optimistic throughout this whole thing, but I never anticipated what was going to happen when Duncan came back.

"F√ck, fine!"

"If you want me to, I can call up TMZ and tell them that all three of them wet the bed at camp," Warner suggests, trying to ease my pain.

"... Maybe later."

...

"You brought me back here?" Duncan complains to Chris. "Ugh, where's the stupid exit again?"

"Not so fast, quitter," Chris stops him as he grabs his collar. "Where've you been? Thought you could skip out on the game, eh? Thought I wouldn't find you, hm?"

"Um, you didn't. We did," Gwen says, and then turns to Duncan. "Sorry."

"Tuh," Noah snickers quietly. "We all know he was in California looking for-"

"F√ck off!" Duncan snaps at him.

"And that's why Team Amazon wins today's competish!" Chris continues.

"Yes!" Gwen and Courtney celebrate.

Chris looks to the other team who looks disappointed, aside from Alejandro who is visibly p1ssed.

"Head on back to the elimination room, dudes. First class goes to the ladies. As a consolation prize, the D-Man's now on your team, but someone else is gonna have to go."

"Uh-oh," Owen and Noah say as they look nervously at each other.

...

"Gwen looks awfully happy," Warner says bitterly. "I don't get her. When it came to Trent, you chose her despite being good friends with him, too. She's been awfully chummy with Duncan since the beginning of this season, despite knowing what he did to you."

He has a point. I guess it does hurt my feelings that I wasn't shown that same grace, despite me holding off on my friendship Trent because of my loyalty to Gwen as my friend. I can't believe I did that. The time me and Trent missed out on as friends, all for nothing.

...

"And how could you think it was okay to just leave like that?!" Courtney nags at Duncan who trails behind her. "Because it was not! Ugh! Abandon me again, and it will not be pretty. Now, get over here, you big lug. I'm not really mad, I just missed you."