35. Talk to me

Minho was just finishing up some spikes, sweat profoundly trickling down his forehead, nape and back. His legs were shaky and his hands were flushed red.

But he couldn't stop.

He mustn't stop.

He had the belief that everything he did was just not good enough. So, by pushing himself off his limits, he thought it would somehow fill that self-doubt.

Throwing the volleyball in the air, he jumped like a hare and with all his remaining strength, hit it and watched as it harshly rebound.

Once his feet had touched the ground, he fell on the floor with his bum, his knees completely giving up.

He pressed the palm of his hand against his temple and pushed himself up to stand. Slightly stumbling over his own feet, he picked up the ball that was next to him and was about to throw it in the air when the metal door of the gymnasium flung open.

The loud sound of clattering metal rang through his ears, warning him about what was coming next.

"Minho!" Practically shouted his teammate while walking through the door.
"There you are, I have been looking for you every-"

"What do you want."

His cold, harsh tone made Han tilt his head.

"I was thinking if you could help me practice.." His words were quiet.

"Why do you need practice?" Minho spat, walking over to his bag to start gathering his things.

"Um cause I need it?" Han dismissed it with a laugh.

"Yeah right." Minho murmured, throwing his bag over his shoulder and pulling the zipper of his jacket up.

"Is that supposed to be a backhanded compliment?" The younger joked, clueless about his teammate's feelings at that time.

Without answering, Minho walked out and began following the trail to the road surrounded by meadows. The sun was close to setting for the day, a purple layer blending in with the orange one of the sky.

Han hopped down the concrete stairs of the gymnasium and came behind the boy.

"Hey! Don't ignore me." He trailed behind him, trying to grab his attention.
"What happened?" His steps finally slowed down, his tone morphing into a concerned one.

"How about you leave me alone?" Spoke through gritted teeth, clutching his bag straps tighter.

"What?" Han asked confused.

"You heard me." Minho abruptly turned around.

"What's got into you?" The younger asked in disbelief. He had never seen him act like that. This behavior was so strange because they are teammates and, in Han's perspective, friends.
"Did I do something?"

"Fucking everything." His words hit him like a ton of bricks. "You're always doing something."

"But-"

"No." Was the last thing before turning back around and starting to walk down the cobble path.

"Wait wait."
He once again caught up with him, grabbing his arm but Minho forcefully shoved him away.
"What's up with you!" Han gasped, taking a step back to regain his stability. "You know, communication is key so if you just told me what is-"

"Stop!" He sounded so done but also a little hopeless.

"Can't we talk?" Now Han was somehow hurt.

Hearing his sad tone, Minho became more frustrated. Frustrated because of his feelings. He had a crush on him to make the long story short. But he didn't like boys. He never liked boys. And that's why he was angry.
How come he was the only boy that could make him question his sexuality?