part six

"well I must admit it, I would marry you in an instant"
- the lumineers

the next two months go smoothly, Scott visits me every weekend always with a special date planned.

it's a friday afternoon in november and I am looking desperately for something to wear, Scott is driving down right now and we are going to some restraunt for dinner.

with Amelia, and Brandon who came down to visit this weekend.

but tommorow is the real event, tommorow is Scott's birthday.

I pull out my phone and text the groupchat with Amelia and Elizabeth a picture of my two outfit options, Elizabeth replies within five minutes telling me to wear the short black dress that is paired with black tights and a long black blazer.

Amelia walks into the bedroom and answers in person, "I agree with liz" I smile grateful for their help and pick up the dress,

"this option it is" I say before heading into the bathroom to put it on, when I step out Amelia gasps, like actually gasps,

"I look hot, but you look hotter, is that possible?"

she asks me, I laugh and look at her own attire,

a mini skirt paired with a white top and no jacket so that Brandon can give her his.

"we should get going" I say as I read the ETA Scott just sent me, "he will be there in 20" I say to Amelia, she nods and texts Brandon to let him know.

when we arrive at the restaurant I see Scott's jeep already parked, and inside, Scott.

Amelia let's me out of the car before going to find a place to park.

I run over to Scott's jeep and open the drivers side door, started he looks up at me,

but as soon as his eyes meet mine, his expression softens and he pulls me into him.

"you look beautiful" he murmurs in my ear, the butterflies in my stomach go crazy but I remain calm on the outside.

he steps out of the car, arms still wrapped around me.

and he leans back to grab his car keys from the ignition, he closes the door behind him and locks his jeep before stuffing the keys in his pocket.

and with that he lifts me up and spins me around, I laugh as he places my feet back onto solid ground.

"ready?" he asks me as he extends an arm out for me.

"ready"

I reply confidently as I take his arm and we make our way into the restaurant,

we sign in and the lady leads us to the table we reserved, Brandon is already there looking at the menu.

he stands up and claps Scott on the shoulder before pulling him into a bro hug.

and then he looks at me and says "you've gotten taller"

before pulling me into a hug, I choose not to kill him for the sarcastic comment since it's only his first day back.