part eighteen

"don't you ever get tired of this?" I ask Avery.

we are sitting on stools in the kitchen, I am peeling an orange while she is scribbling something down in a notepad.

"tired of what?" she asks, lifting her gaze to me.

"this" I say motioning around us, "the mysteries" I say as my eyes flicker to her notepad.

she sighs and seems to be thinking about it, finally she gives me an answer,

"no, not really" she looks around the room as a smile creeps onto her face, "I never felt like I knew what I was supossed to do, where I was supossed to go, who I was supossed to be, you know?" she says, and I just nod my head, because I know, more then she can imagine.

I always knew who I was supossed to be, who I was, with Scott.

now that he's gone, I'm just lost, trying to find my way back home.

"I know now, this place, it's my home now" Avery says, I smile at that, I'm glad one of us got the happy ending.

"how are things with Jameson?" I ask her, her cheeks pigment and I realize she's blushing, "good" she says biting back a grin.

I laugh, "by the way your smiling right now" I say, "I am guessing they are better then good" I Finnish.

she blushes again.

It's the first week into July, we are so close to figuring out who tried to kill me, and I already have a few good guesses.

I sigh and slide off my stool, I feel bored of Hawthorne House, which is insane.

this place has everything, and yet I still want...more.

"I'm gonna go to the cottage" I say taking off to the back door.

once I reach the cottage I find Rebecca imediatly, "hey becs" I say sitting down next to her.

"hi" she says, she looks awful, she is pale, and her eyes are drooping.

she looks tired as shit.

never the less, there's still an ethereal like glow to her.

"what are you up to?" I ask, she sighs, "nothing"

"same" I say sighing, "absolutely nothing" and its like an understanding passes between us.

Rebecca misses Thea, since she left for a vacation last month, they were fighting which doesn't make it better.

I miss Scott, since he well, died.

I laugh out loud at our situations.

Rebecca glances at me looking suprised, and then she laughs too.

"I'm tired" I say resting my head on the table, "me too" she says.

and then I fall into a deep slumber.

A/N:

hi. as you can tell I SUCK AT THIS, I am honestly just trying to end this book, I low-key forgot what the plot was a few chapters ago, but I'm not cruel so I wont just not Finnish it, I am hoping my other ones will be MUCH better, but thanks for sticking around y'all