𝗶𝘃. 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 -False hope

False hope

𝗙𝗥𝖮𝗠 𝗔 𝗬𝖮𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗚𝗘,
Rory knew that she hated attention.

Being attention-phobic (if that's even a word), Rory would actively avoid all kinds of watches towards her, especially those she got on her birthday —and for a person who hates attention, there couldn't be a worse punishment.

She had no problem with others celebrating their birthdays considering most people love to be the center of attention, but it wasn't her cup of tea.

She remembered all her birthdays and the intricate themes her parents would bestow upon her that would make any child jump with glee and excitement—and sighed. The parties would range from, pinatas to bounce houses—princess glitter sparkles to cowboys— basically everything a young girl was interested in.

As Rory got older, she still very much hated attention and her birthday, but the only difference now was that Her parents were deceased and it definitely didn't feel the same to her as before. Along with the parties they threw, every year they made her favorite lemon-lime cake and bought her a new outfit to celebrate her special day. So when they died, she knew that day would never be a happy day again.

She preferred her birthday to be just another day out of the week.

"It's—" Sam stammered, tasting the green liquid suspiciously, "it's good."

"It has fresh acai, organic kale, and free-trade hemp oil," Moon said matter-of-factly with her signature smile.

"Hemp oil?" Rory raised, spinning around in Sam's desk chair, "Doesn't that stuff come from weed plants?"

Sam stopped drinking the liquid and raised her brows abruptly, "this isn't going to get me high, is it?" Her eyes darted across the room.