𝘃𝗶. 𝗳𝗶𝘁𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝖨𝗫 -Fitful heart

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝖨𝗫 -
Fitful heart

                                               𝗥𝖮𝗥𝗬'𝗦 𝗔𝗕𝖨𝗟𝖨𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝖮 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗔 and stress at her youthful age was deemed to be one of the most remarkable traits she accumulated over time.

Everyone she knew encountered a substantial breaking point at some period in their life. After experiencing the upshots of the adversity, most cowardly, just rolled over on their backs and stopped responding entirely. Rory refused to be the individual who cracks under pressure and loses control of her situation. She was no aid to anyone if she was consistently vulnerable and weak.

But being challenging was much easier said than done.

Rory woke up early that morning with a solid frown etched on her features. Nana hadn't gotten up out of bed in two continuous days. She was amassing another one of her timely episodes, but for some reason this time, it was more extensive. Usually, Adele's common bouts lasted only a couple of hours but now nana couldn't even find the durability to use the bathroom without assistance, let alone eat.

Anything but optimistic beliefs protruded in Rory's mind. Her eyebrows scrunched together in concentration as she tossed the grilled cheese in the skillet with a metal spatula, eventually taking it out and placing it on a glass plate. Hopefully, she could get Adele to eat before she left for school. She tried to relinquish the unpleasant thoughts, while she added three sugars to nana's coffee, cultivating the beverage to her exact preference.

Rory peeked her crown into the split door frame, itching to find Adele up and willing to start her day. But to no avail, she still laid in the indistinguishable position she was in yesterday night when Rory last surveyed her.

The teenager sighed heavily, nudging the door open all the way so she could walk through the threshold that bound nana's room to the hallway. The thick curtains blocked out most of the sunlight that wanted to peer through, making the whole atmosphere dark and miserable.

Rory's face was set in resigned sad lines when she saw the sheet of Adele's untouched dinner from yesterday, settling on her nightstand.

She cleared her throat, her tone weary but cheerful, "Hey Nana!" Rory greeted sitting on the edge of Adele's bed, placing the cup of coffee on the tiny furniture, "I was thinking that maybe after school we could go to that one Bingo place on Springvale, that you love so much." The older woman just laid on the bed, breathing gradually with low purpose, gazing at the wall, an empty utterance blanketing her face. "The one you took me to, a few months ago, will you go with me?"