𝘅𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘀

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 -True desires

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 -
True desires

                                              𝗧𝖮 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗣𝗧 𝗔 situation as reality requires emotional maturity, a kind of maturity that most people do not develop until their adult lives.

Do not forgive. Do not forget. Just ignore.

You don't need to actively engage with the episodes from the past unless you want some kind of justice. And since that wasn't Rory's request, she needed to let go. She hadn't forgotten what had happened at Skate Blitz a few days ago but she certainly made an effort to try.

Realistically, there was nothing she could do about the pressing manner, and she knew this. Guys like Gregory got away with this sort of stuff all the time, and her impractical accusations weren't going to change anything. Rory decided there and then that she wasn't going to be a victim, and that the best thing to do was to keep the problem in the background. The plan was to invest in some productive activity that demanded her maximum attention to help keep her distracted.

It was like a fly landing on a giant iron pot full of food and laying eggs. The pot gets closed up for days on days, a week maybe, the owner of the pot knowing it's there but doing little to nothing about it. And then when the object finally gets evaluated after a week, it's infested with larva. The infestation gets worse and worse until the little larvae evolve into flies, those flies finding other areas in the kitchen to infest.

If she was distracted long enough, then she'd eventually forget, right?

"Hey, Mr. L" Rory greeted, looming behind the older man who was just finishing up with a customer, "any new updates?" she asked, a ghost of a smile forming on her lips.

"Rory?" A look of surprise fell upon Daniels's countenance as he veered around, "what are you doing here?" She opened her mouth to speak but his all-knowing look muffled her, "shouldn't you be in school?" The older man put forward his gloaming brows.

She chuckled awkwardly, peering down at the ground, "free period." Rory said not so convincingly to which he had mumbled an "mhm".

"So how is it?"

Larusso sighed deeply, clearly dubious at first, "Follow me." He gestured to the mechanical room where all the exterior work was done, catching the younger girl off guard. She couldn't help but flinch when one of Daniel's male employees brushed past her on the way out, his shoulder bearly grazing hers.

"Let's just say this car has exceeded every expectation I've ever had."

"Woah." was all she could conjure at the moment, dumbfounded by all the hard work that was done. The car didn't even look like her car anymore. It had an evident rim job, new color, and by the looks of it, a new motor as well. "I even added a new paint job."