Truths and pasts revealed

Mikuo's P.O.V.

A little over a year has passed since Miku has been living me and now, I feel that I should at least tell her how I feel before it kills me. I would hate it if ever something did happen to Miku and I then I would have to live with the regret of not telling her how I feel.
I was tending to the instruments when Miku came up to up to me all excited that she hears Gumi singing.
People are always curious to how I am friends with Gumi but the answer is plain and simple. All of us are childhood friends and we grew up and did everything together. At one point we even came up with our own band and even got discovered. Rinto, Lenka, and I turned it down because we didn't feel ready at age 15. But Gumi excepted the offer and Gumiya joined her(Because he only said that she is clutz and that she needed someone to watch over her. But all of us except Gumi knew the truth. Gumiya really couldn't stand being away from Gumi and he didn't want any other guys going after her. Hey, they are together now and are happy together). Now, enough about the past and back to the present.
I was laughing now because she is embarrassed when there really is nothing to be embarrassed about. She was just excited about our friend. She is so cute. Ok. That is it. I am going to tell her.
"Miku I..." just then, Neru interrupted by asking for Miku's help and I had no choice but to agree. Also, my heart is pounding so hard and I want to have some time to calm down. So, I let Neru take Miku as I sat down at counter.
"Haaaaa. I am such a coward." I sighed out with frustration and then slammed my head down.
"Mikuo-kun, doushitano(what's wrong)?" I heard someone ask. Looking up, I saw big breasts in front of me and my face burned.
"Naaaaaa...." I never got to finish my scream because I fell back on the stool and hit my head.
I sat up and gripped it as I winced and groaned.
"Mikuo-Kun, daijoubu?" The same female voice asked and I looked up to see it was Haku who was looking over the counter top and down at me.
"Oh. Yea. I am fine. Thank you for your concern." I said, smiling as I got up and back onto the stool.
"Mikuo, you seem out of it. What is on your mind?"
"Huh?"
"Is it about Miku-chan?"
"N-nani?!"
"It is isn't it? Lily-San was right. She can read people so well. Now, Mikuo, tell me, do you like Miku-chan?" Haku pressed on.
"N-no. That isn't true." Damnit! I stuttered!
"Mikuo, you stuttered. So, tell me."
"And if I tell you the truth?"
"Then I am going to support you." Haku said with a smile.
"Haaaa. I do. But it's highly unlikely she'll like me back. But..."
"But, what?"
"But I want to tell her still. It's just I am a coward who hates rejection."
"Haha. You'll be fine Mikuo. Have you noticed how close she is to you?"
"Yea. But that just means we are really good friends. Nothing more." I said sadly as I rested my head on the counter top.
"Hahahaha." Haku laughed.
"Hey. What is so funny?" I whined. My face red because of how embarrassed I am right now.
"Well. Lily-san even observed her behaviour and even if she doesn't know it yet, Miku likes you too silly. Well, I can see why she likes you. You are a good looking younge man and you have a beautiful personality along with your voice. You two would make a lovely couple." Haku said cheerfully. I smiled and thanked her. Haku may be a alcoholic and depressing at times, but she really is a good woman.
Just then we heard Neru scream out for help.
Rushing over to the CD room, Haku and I saw Miku passed out on the floor and Neru on her phone with a sense of urgency.
"What happened?!" I demanded as I knelt besides Miku and held her in my arms.
"S-she fainted and I don't know what caused her to faint. We were about to shelve these CD's and she just...." Neru said quickly.
"CDs?" Haku asked confused now.
"Hai. The CDs." Neru said showing us the opened box of CDs. There was Shion Kaito's CD, Sakine Meiko's(Kaito's wife), & Megurine Luka's(their oldest daughter).
"What's going on in here?! What happened?!" Lily asked, worry in her voice as she ran in.
"Miku fainted." Haku answered.
"Oh dear. Should we call a ambulance?" Lily asked.
"No. She'll be fine. Lets take her to the break room and just let her rest on the couch there. I'll take care of her until she wakes up." I said as I picked her up.
"Oh. As you wish. Neru, Haku, you two can go home and I'll close the store ok?" Lily told them and they did as they were told and left.
"Mikuo-kun take care of her ok? I can take of everything else. " Lily said with a smile and started to work quickly.
I took Miku too the break room and placed her down gently on the couch.
"Now, why would Miku pass out by just seeing those CDs?" I mumbled to myself when it hit me.
"Miku, does that mean you got your memory back?" I said to out loud but got no response since Miku was still out. I don't know why but I feel my heart sinking. Because of what happened to Miku and what might happen.
Yet, if those people really are her family, then, what should I do? I don't know.
But wait. What if they are not your family? There are probably many people in Japan with the pink,brown, & blue hair. So, I shouldn't jump into conclusions. Yet, I should look up that family. Yes. I like their music but I don't know their past.
So, I did just that and went on Google and looked them up. And what I found shocked me. There used to be two sisters, not just the one.
So, I decided to look up on the missing sister since the website I was using didn't have that much on the topic anyway. And what I learned shocked me.
Now seven years ago the Shion's youngest daughter named Miku went missing from their mansion and when they came back the maid and butler were found unconscious on the floor with Miku gone. A day later there was ransom for a million yen or else the Shions wouldn't get their daughter back. Then, when they going to make the trade, the police had come in and captured the two people who were already wanted for other crimes. They Shions.demanded that there daughter was to be returned but sadly, the two forgot where they hid her and all they knew was that she was still alive when they had thrown her somewhere in garbage in a alley way in the city which was 10 miles away from their home and then the city is much much bigger than 10 miles and heavily populated. They looked and looked until they could look no more and concluded that she must've had died due to the time when the criminals had hit her with a wooden bat in order to knock her out.
I kept reading until I reached the bottom and my breath caught in my throat. There, was a picture of teal haired and eyed ten year old girl singing in front of a crowd with a bright smile and she looked exactly like Miku because it was her. The caption even reads as,
"Ten year old Shion Miku or stage name Hatsune Miku sings to her adoring fans at her concert, a month prior to her disappearance."
After I read that my phone dropped and I leaned against the wall, as my legs went weak causing me to slide down to ground. Tears began to fall down my face as I looked up at the ceiling.
"Nande(why)? Miku, ikanaide(don't go)." I pleaded quietly, letting my selfishness cry out so I can do the right thing and learn how to let her go. I mustn't hold her back. She was never mine to begin with. So, I will let it out now.