So beautiful, yet so cruel

TW: Mentions of being sick, being sick, nausea, throwing up, blood, pain, mini panic attack at the beginning.
______________________________________
Third Person's POV:

Grian's eyes fluttered open, only to snap shut moments later from the intense sunlight coming through a gap where the curtains were not properly closing the window. He layed there for a second, one arm shielding his eyes as he fought about the previous night's events.

It was all a dream, right? One messed up dream? Grian was going to be okay. The avian tried his best to gaslight himself into believing he was fine, but the dream felt too real to just come forth as a dream. The pain felt too real to be fake. At least now, Grian felt at peace.

That peace didn't last for long, however, as Grian abruptly sat up and started coughing. The coughing fit was worse than his previous sessions, and somehow, his chest hurt more than his throbbing throat. Something pushed against the back of Grians throat, and he immediately knew something was wrong.

He jumped up onto his feet, ignoring the sudden dizziness as he ran towards his bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He leaned over his toilet, trying his best to cough up whatever was blocking his airways. The coughing turned into gaging, and soon Grian was reliving his awefull "dream," which by now he was sure was real.

The gaging eventually led to throwing up, some form of a thick warm liquid escaping Grians throat and mouth into the toilet. Grian kept his eyes shut, already knowing what the liquid could have been from his memories of the night before. The vomiting stopped, Grian keeping his eyes shut as he gulped in a few breaths.

Whatever was in his throat was out now, but the scratching feeling only got worse, and the metallic taste in his mouth only made him feel sicker. He slowly opened his eyes, staring down at what was now a mixture of toilet water and his own blood...

Grian got rid of the evidence, flushing away the blood as he wiped the parts of his mouth and face that got some blood on it with the nearest towl. Hiding the towel underneath the other clothes in his laundry basket, Grian crawled over towards the corner of the bathroom next to the toilet, hiding behind it.

He brought his legs up against his stomach, hiding his face in his arms as he let the tears freely flow down his cheeks. The pains were unbearable, not to mention the fact that he might be dying. This was the second time he threw up blood. THAT WASN'T NORMAL.

At the faught of dying, Grian's breath started picking up, becoming faster and more rigged. The pain from his chest and the scratching feeling in his throat wasn't helping his condition at all, only making it worse to a point where Grian became a sobbing mess.

He could no longer see out of his eyes because of the tears, his vision blurring up as his muffled cries and pleas for help filled the bathroom with sorrow. His ears were once again ringing to an extent that made his head hurt, and everything became a little bit too loud.

A nock on the door brought Grian back to his senses as he tried to focus on the words being said from the other side. It was too muffled to understand, but the voice sounded like Mumbo's.
"Hey bud. Are you in there? It sounds like you're crying. Can I come in?"

There was no verbal response, only more faint sobs as the mustached man got even more worried for his friend. Mumbo took a deep breath, deciding that desperate times called for desperate measures. "Alright, G. I'm going to come in, alright?"

Mumbo opened the door, at first being confused as he couldn't see his feathered friend, but he soon located the origin of the sobs from behind the toilet. He slowly walked to the corner so as not to startle Grian, finding his friend curled up in the corner in a bad condition. He was heavily crying, and his breathing seemed out of place as well.