𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

ELENA

I wake up to realize that I'm in Zade's arms and sitting on his lap I move a little and he starts mumbling "It's okay, princess. I don't mind. Please sleep as long as you wish."

 "How long have I been here? As in like, on your lap?" I ask him, concerned 

"About three hours. It's now 10 o'clock" he replies.

 "I've been on y-you for three hours?" He nods in response 

"Oh gosh. I am so sorry!" I tell him. 

"Don't apologize, Love. Don't ever apologize to me. I don't care if I'm in difficulty, you will not apologize to me" I swear to God, he can kill me with his words. The blood in my body travels up to my cheeks and makes them flushed.

 "Yeah, I um, I got to go get dressed" I break the silence while getting of off him. 

"Yes, I need to eat my breakfast as I already am late by three hours," he says as he gets out of bed. 

"You didn't eat anything just for me?" 

"Of course, Princess. I'd do anything for you" he says while fixing his blazer. "Now bye, Love. Don't stay hungry" he finally says while walking towards the door.

I peel down the one piece cloth off me and enter the hot shower. I close my eyes and think about how Zade came to my room when I was having a bad dream. How he sacrificed his breakfast for me to sleep. How he was so okay with me sitting on him, revealing so much skin. How he didn't say anything when my lips brushed on his neck. How I wish I could capture moments like this and replay them every single damn time. Seconds turn into minutes an I'm surprised I haven't passed out in my thoughts yet. It's now 10:30 am. I wrap myself in a towel and exit the washroom.

I wear a black knitted full-sleeved shirt that the hem of the shirt is an inch or two above my waist. I put on a white medium-sized skirt and black boots that come up to my calves. I tie a little bit of my hair with a with bow hair tie.

Two knocks and I rush to the door.

"Good morning, Lele" Atlas says smiling widely.

 "Hey, Atlas" I say as my best friend's and my hands interwind. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asks me as we walk down the halls together.

 "Umm in the night, I slept pretty good. Then in the morning, I had a bad dream." 

"Yeah? About what?"

"I-I don't remember"

A silence sits between us

"How'd you wake up? Did you wake up in shock or in relive?"

"Tears. I woke up with tears."

"What'd you do after?"

"Um. I prefer not to say." I say while turning red

"Why? Did you do something?" He asks with a cheesy smug face.

He says while stopping a little ahead of my door step

"Your b-brother was there," I say as I turn even more red

"Wait, my brother? As in Zade??? Correct me if I'm wrong but Zade's my only brother."

I nod in response

"What happened after that?"

"You know, Normal stuff: He comforted me and stopped me from crying. I climbed on his lap, my legs were wrapped around his waist. Then, I slept on him for three hours" I say trying to avoid eye contact

"Damn, Lele. I honestly never knew you could pull a moody, antisocial, introvert guy like him"

"Shut up!" I say while pushing him by the shoulder

"Just saying! you two would actually look good together" he says while lifting his arms in the air to defend him self

I'd rather stop listening to Lana Del Rey than have this conversation.

ZADE

I eat the cheese egg on my plate and have sips of orange juice in between. My eyes reach their way to Elena's body and they scan it on and on. Her legs are so visible to me. This is a direct cruel temptation. Elena meets my mom and they start talking about their night. My brother walks toward the table and fixes himself a meal. "Hey," He says looking up from his food, at me.

 "Morning" I reply, nodding at him. A few moments later, Elena pulls a chair for herself and sits near my brother as he serves her some food. Joshua, Alexander, Christopher, Andrew and Jeremiah all came down exhausted except Joshua. He came down well-dressed and fresh, his face is clear as always.

Andrew and Joshua sit on either side of me. Alexander and Jeremiah sit near my brother and Christopher sits between my mom and Elena. Elena and her brother near her start talking and my brother excuses himself by using the restroom. 

 "So, Elena, are you excited to turn 18?" my mother asks. 

"Um yeah, I really am. I'm both excited and nervous to see what my parents wrote in their will for me. I seriously want to know what my inheritance is going to be," 

Elena replies with a soft smile "You didn't tell her what her inheritance is yet?" My mother asks Joshua.

 "No. My brother, Aiden wanted me to tell her when she's eighteen, even for the boys to read their part of their will when each of them turned eighteen as well" Joshua explains. 

Christopher whispers something in Elena's ear while chuckling and Elena tries to stop the smile plastering on her face but fails as she says "I am not adopted! I have mom's eyes!"

Yes, those eyes... she does have her mother's eyes. Those eyes, they're the ones her father and I both fell for, the ones that have the power to unlock a whole other world to live in. When I look into them, it's like diving into the depths of an ocean, discovering hidden treasures and mysteries waiting to be explored. Those eyes, they're more than just windows to her soul; they're the essence of her being, captivating and enchanting anyone who dares to gaze upon them.

Every time she looks at me, it's as if I'm being consumed by a whirlwind of emotions. One glance can leave me breathless, yet another can revive me with a jolt of life coursing through my veins. It's a paradox, really — her eyes simultaneously kill me and bring me back to life, a constant cycle of euphoria and resurrection that I willingly submit to time and time again.

Those eyes, they're like bright jewels twinkling in the light, radiating warmth and brilliance that fills my heart with an indescribable joy. They're a beacon of light in the darkness, guiding me through life's trials and tribulations with their unwavering presence. And they belong to me, and me only — a precious gift bestowed upon me by the universe, a reminder of the boundless love that we share.