𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

ELENA

I walk down the long staircase while looking around the halls. I see my brothers and Atlas waiting for me, Atlas is staring at his phone and Christopher has his hand around my best friend's shoulder watching on his phone as well, I assume they are scrolling through TikTok. 

"Why are you guys like not wearing a shirt or anything underneath your well, um shirt?" I ask gesturing towards their outfits. 

"Oh please, Lele! Don't act like you don't love it." he says as a cheesy smile plasters on his face. 

"Ew. No one wants to see you, either of you half-naked" I state while narrowing my eyes. 

"Actually, I know a lot of people who would want to see me half or completely naked, If you know what I mean" Christopher says while smirking. 

"You know, if your ego was measured on a scale, it would be so high that it would even reach heaven while your soul won't." Jeremiah interrupts. 

"Guys, stop arguing and let's go already!" Alexander says. 

"Yeah it's like what? 12:13 pm and we had to leave 13 minutes ago" Andrew complains. 

We head in the car and take our seats. Alexander drives with Jeremiah sitting near him, on the front seat. Andrew and I sit in the middle row and Atlas and Christopher sit all the way back, Atlas sitting behind me and Christopher sitting behind Andrew. We sing along to Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes to pass the time but it's not working as we have more 15 minutes to reach. I close my eyes and rest on Andrew's shoulder but I get a "I'm not your boyfriend so screw off."  

In return, I beg my brother to let me rest my head on him but he keeps rejecting me so I complain to Alexander. "Alex! Tell Andrew to allow me to rest my shoulder on him, I'm tired! And I don't even have a boyfriend whos shoulder I can rest on!"

 "sorry, kid but your head weighs a ton" Alex lies. He just says that because when I was eight, I rested my head on his broken shoulder (unknowingly) so everything felt heavy for him then he complained "arghh Elena, your head weighs a ton!" Son of a gun. 

Andrew laughs and nods indicating me to lie on his shoulder "come on here, Lele"

 "Hey! I call her that! no one else! nada! 'n' to the 'o'!" my bestfriend screams from behind. 

"Yeah I know you hate it when I or anyone calls her that but that's why I do it, to annoy you" Andrew says. 

"Son of a mother less goat" Atlas says

We finally reach and Atlas and I talk until we reach the changing rooms. I head to the females' changing room and the guys go to the males' changing room. A blonde petite girl, who's around my age walks towards me "Is he your boyfriend?" she asks while giving me an intimidating look.

 "I'm sorry?"

"The guy you were talking to. Is he your boyfriend?"  

"Oh no. He and I have been best friends since we were in diapers. Nothing like what you asked"

"Hmm Okay. I'm Savannah" She introduces her self. Savannah. I don't like her.