𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

ELENA

As the plane touches down on Greek soil, my heart flutters with anticipation. It's been far too long since I've seen my family, and the thought of reuniting with them fills me with joy. Holding Zade's hand tightly, I step off the plane and into the bustling airport, scanning the crowd for familiar faces.

And there they are,  Alexander, Christopher, and Andrew, along with Jeremiah, all standing there with smiles as bright as the Mediterranean sun.

"Elle!" Alexander calls out, waving his arms enthusiastically. "It's about time you two showed up!"

I can't help but laugh as I rush into their arms, feeling the warmth of their embrace after what feels like an eternity apart.

"We missed you, sis" Christopher says, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I missed you guys too" I reply, my voice choked with emotion.

Uncle Joshua is there too, his presence a comforting reminder of the love and support that has always surrounded me, especially since my parents passed away. I cling to him for a moment, grateful for his unwavering presence in my life.

"It's good to see you, Nipote" Uncle Joshua says, his voice filled with warmth.

"It's good to see you too, Uncle Joshua." I reply, tears of joy streaming down my cheeks.

As we make our way out of the airport and into the familiar streets of Greece, I can't help but feel a sense of homecoming. Surrounded by the people I love most in the world, I know that no matter where life may take me, I will always have a place here among my family.

With laughter and chatter filling the air, we make our way to our family home, eager to catch up on lost time and create new memories together.

"So, tell us everything," Andrew says, slinging an arm around my shoulder as we walk. "What's it like being engaged to a big-shot businessman?"

I can't help but giggle at his question, feeling the weight of the past few months lift off my shoulders.

"It's... different," I reply, smiling up at Zade, who walks beside me. "But in the best possible way."

And as I look around at the faces of my loved ones, I am filled with a profound sense of gratitude for the bond we share and the strength it gives me to face whatever the future may hold.

As the evening settles over Uncle Joshua's house, the absence of Atlas nags at the back of my mind. Despite the lively conversations and warmth of family, I can't shake the worry gnawing at me. I turn to Alexander, my voice tinged with concern. "Hey, where's Atlas? I haven't seen him since we arrived." 

Alexander looks up from his conversation, his expression thoughtful. "Oh, Atlas? He's at his place," he replies casually, as if his place isn't in Italy. "He's packing for Chicago." 

Relief floods through me, dispelling the tension that had been building within me. "Thank goodness," I breathe out, grateful for the news. "I was starting to get worried." 

Alexander offers me a reassuring smile. "No need to worry, Elena. Atlas is fine. He'll be back before you know it." With a sense of relief washing over me, I settle back into the warmth of family and the comfort of home.

As the night continue is Uncle Joshua's house, Zade and I find ourselves seated opposite each other. Our eyes occasionally meet, sparking a playful energy that lingers in the air. I watch as Zade's fingers dance across his phone screen, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. Curiosity piqued, I can't help but wonder what he's up to. Moments later, my phone buzzes with a message from him.