Pirate chapter 27

I walked up to the captain laying on the altar slab and trembled taking his hand in mine. I took a deep breath and looked at the captains face. He was awfully pale. His normal sun tanned skin was milky white and he had dark bags under his eyes. I look at his bare chest and see the wound that went all the way through to a small scratch mid stomach. He had a few markings painted on him from the work of Tobias and the ghouls. I shakily traced my free hand across the paint.  

"The markings keep him alive until we get the blood he needs. Careful not to scratch them off. He will be fine." Tobias says and gently rests his hand on my shoulder. Hes holding a tube with a pointy looking needle and it has a needle on the other side. It's about four feet long needle to needle. The tubes in the center break off to a ball looking thing. "This is the blood pump. We attach to your friend and the captain. And pump the blood he needs. When the pump no longer is able to squeeze it is complete." He stated. Shane walked up and eyed the needle. 

"I might denounce being first mate after this." Shane laughed but squirmed awkwardly.

I smiled softly at Shane. "Thank you.. you're saving his life." I whisper. "Both of you." I added and looked back at my captain.

Shane grimaced as Tobias took his arm and inserted the needle into one of his veins. I flinched as Shane yelped and looked away.

"I will require something in return. But that is for later. When the time comes." Tobias stated and turned to Shawn placing the needle into his still, cold arm. "Besides.. I am happy to call you friends."

I nodded and watched as Tobias began squeezing the ball and I watched surprised as blood was actually being transferred to Shawn's body all while Tobias was mumbling words under his breath.

After what seemed like forever Tobias spoke. "It is complete." He removes the needle from Shawn's arm, then from Shane. One of the ghouls that was standing here bandaged them both up from the puncture. Shane looks exhausted but he gives me a nod.

"I'm going to head back to the ship. Is she fine to stay alone?" Shane asks with a yawn.

Tobias nods. "I am sure she won't be leaving this spot." He chuckled and winked at me causing me to blush.

Shane chuckled and made his way back down the path.

"Shall we speak?" Tobias then asks me. "Something is on your mind." He stated knowingly.

I looked down sadly. "I.. I killed my brother. I've obviously never killed anyone. I don't necessarily feel sad.. he wasn't a good person. Why do I feel guilt?" I asked the skeleton man. "How can you tell I feel off?" When the captain gets up I most certainly don't want him to know I feel sad.

"You have known me for a bit now," he replied with a laugh. "Even your captain still gets surprised when I know things."

"I just feel guilty.. but I'm not sad. Is that wrong of me?" I mumbled and looked down.

"What's right and wrong depends on a lot of things," Tobias started. "The entire universe is connected through energies. The humans, the animals, the plants, the oceans. The energies are connected to such strong emotions. Id think you were insane to not feel anything at all. Guilt for taking an energy from the world, be it good or bad. Necessary? In this case I agree with your choice. He had to go. Let your guilt ease, little one. He would of never stopped until both of you were dead from I can sense from this." He finished and gestured to Shawn's now healing body on the altar.