Ch. 14

Jaelyn

After my hangout with Marcel, I drove him home. We are in the parking lot. I can't believe he waited a long time to tell me that he has a crush on me.

I'm glad he told me that he has a crush on me. He's even willing to wait until my heart is fully healed.

I hate to admit this, I'm kind of starting to like him as well but I don't want to because I am not divorced from Fergal yet.

"Well, thanks for hanging out with me again, Jaelyn," Marcel said. "You're welcome," I said. "You have a good night," he said.

"You as well," I said. Marcel and I hugged each other. He gets out of my car. "Night, schön," he said, smiling.

"Night. Don't forget your stuff from my trunk," I said. "I won't," he said, going to my trunk. He grabbed his stuff.

"I got it," he said, smiling. "Okay. See you later," I said. "See you. Let me know when you made it home," he said.

"I'll text you," I said, smiling. "Night, Jaelyn," he said. "Night, Marcel," I said. He smiled again, shutting my car door.

I pulled out of the parking lot. I decided to drive to Bryson's to get Bridgette and the twins.

An Hour Later

I went to pick up the twins at Bryson's house and took them home. Bridgette's staying at her dad's house since it's his week to have Bridgette.

Bridgette goes to her dad's house every other week. I got them both out of their booster seats gently without waking them.

I went through my garage, locking it up. I shut the door. I took the twins upstairs, laying them in their twin beds since they're asleep.

"Here you go," I whispered. FJ turns over, grabbing his bear. I kissed his head. Irelynd grabs her unicorn, holding it.

I kissed her head. I walked to their door, playing white noise. I shut their lights off as their little night light goes on.

I shut the door gently. I went back to my car, grabbing the stuff out of the car. I headed back inside, shutting and locking the door.

I shut off my kitchen light, heading to my room, sitting on my bed. I grabbed my phone, texting Marcel to let him know I'm home.

'Hey. I made it home with the twins. See you at the PC'. I put my phone on the charger. I heard my phone vibrating.

I grabbed it off the table, and I noticed that it wasn't Marcel. It's Fergal calling me, answering my phone.

"Hello, Fergal! I haven't heard from you in two weeks. Why haven't you returned my calls to talk to the kids? They were worried about you," I said.

"I was in Mexico to give time to myself," he lied. "Fergal, don't lie to me. I know that you were in Mexico with another woman," I said.

"How did you know?" he asked. "Oh I got a DM on twitter from an anonymous person. They saw you in Mexico with a blonde woman. I thought it was Veronica but it was a different girl. Who is she?" I asked.

"Okay. Her name is Sierra Harrison. I've been secretly dating her since your lawyer had a random person give me a letter that you're divorcing me. So yeah, Sierra and I had sushi afterwards and we fucked. Plus, I saw that you're seeing Marcel Barthel," he said.

"Marcel and I are just friends, Fergal. There's nothing wrong with me being friends with someone that has been a good friend," I said.

"Are you fucking Marcel Barthel?" he asked. "No, Fergal, I am not. We're just friends, nothing more," I said.