Ch. 29

Few Days Later

Jaelyn

I am at the NXT Performance Center. It's Tuesday night for NXT. A bunch of people have RSVPed for my divorce party this Friday night.

Marcel and Daniel haven't RSVPed yet. I don't have a match tonight. Melissa's husband Kyle has a contendership match against Pete Dunne and Johnny Gargano.

I've been told that in a couple of weeks that I will be part of a tag team with someone who had my back after I was beat down by Raquel and Dakota after I beat Dakota in a singles match.

Poppy is coming to NXT next week. I can't wait to see Poppy again. "Hey, Jaelyn," I heard Daniel's voice.

I turned around, seeing him. "Hey," I said, smiling. "How are you?" he asked. "Oh, I'm good. My daughter has her last day of school today," I said.

"My kids had their last day of school back in Indianapolis," he said. "That's good. How old are your kids?" I asked.

"My son is seventeen, almost eighteen and my daughter is twelve and she'll be fourteen in October. How old are your kids?" he asked. "My oldest is eleven and my twin son and daughter are two, will be three in October," I said.

"Your oldest is almost a teenager," he said. "Don't remind me," I said, shaking my head. "Sorry. Oh by the way, I'm here to RSVP to your divorce party," he said.

"Okay. Are you going or?" I asked. "I actually wanted to tell you that I will come to your divorce party," he said, smiling.

"Sweet. See you there," I said. "So what's the dress code?" he asked. "Casual, classy mostly. You don't have to suit up," I said.

"Sounds good," he said. "Well, I better get going," I said. "Do you have a match?" he asked. "No, I don't but I will see you around," I said.

"Okay, see ya. By the way, you have pretty brownish green eyes," he said. "Thank you. Nice green eyes too," I said, smiling.

I walked away from Daniel. Cassidy sees me. "I saw that," Cassidy said. "Saw what? I have no idea what you're talking about," I said.

"I saw that Daniel was flirting with you," she said. "Cassie, I still have no idea what you're talking about," I said, smiling.

I took a drink from my water bottle, finishing it. I threw the bottle away. "Hey, Jaelyn," Marcel said.

I see Marcel, clearing my throat. "Hi, Marcel," I said. "Can I talk to you? Alone?" he asked. "Are you gonna be okay?" Cassidy asked.

"Yeah, Cass, I'll meet you in a bit," I said. Cassidy walks away. "Let's go outside, I don't want to bring drama to our workplace," he said.

"Okay," I said. Marcel and I headed outside the PC. We sat outside the parking lot. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I want to apologize for not telling you that I was seeing you and Jessica at the same time. I should've told you before I took you out for your birthday. I apologize. Can you forgive me?" he asked.

I sighed softly. "I forgive you, Marcel. You still haven't RSVPed to my divorce party," I said. "Fabian and I will be there. He wanted me to tell you that too," he said.

"Okay. Thank you," I said. "You're welcome. So are we still friends?" he asked. "We're just friends only, Marcel. Nothing else," I said.

"I understand," he said. "However, I am not gonna make you choose between me and Jessica like she did. Just enjoy being single and your heart will choose the right one. Just don't wait for me too long," I said, kissing his cheek.