Chapter 4, The Sand Wolves.

~~Chapter 4~~

A kunai over here a kunai over there. Wolves melted into puddles of sand. Saskue seemed to be struggling to strike there weak spots. I had defeated all the sand wolves on my side when Saskue was thrown against a tree. Blood creeping from his mouth.

I was worried, he couldn't defeat them because they were from the Sand Village. Only shinobi from the Sand can defeat them. That's because we are like their masters, and we have trained them. There like the next best thing after Gaara and I. I'm surprised that they didn't send Gaara. They might of but he wouldn't attack me. Temari, Kankuro and Gaara would simply defend me. They would never turn on me. As I would never turn on them. It was a promise we made.

Saskue struggled to get up. I ran in front of him as a wolf jumped towards him. I stabbed it and it melted away. That was all of them...? That was more than usual... Mind you I am one of the most prized people in The Sand. I looked around the area. I heard nothing, then I turned to see Saskue lying on the ground.

"Saskue? A-are you okay?" I asks placing my hand on his cheek.

"I got attacked... on my back..." he mumbled. I sat his up and looked at his back. Three scratches went from his left shoulder to the bottom right of his back. And there was poison dripping from them....

"SHIT! I need to get you out of here!" I yelled pulling him onto my back. He spat out some more blood over my shoulder.

"What way is you house?" I asked.

"Threw.. The rest of the trail.. Take a right then a sharp left... Then it's in the building with lots of windows..." he said trailing off. It's getting worse he's fading away.

"Okay just hold in there!" I said running as fast as I could. I jumped out of the trees. I still had I little bit to go. He was shivering badly. I had seen this poison only once before. It was used on Kankuro. I was the one who cured him from it. But of course it affected his muscles and bones. He was in bed for a week.

"Hang in there Saskue!" I yelled seeing his house close by. I jumped and landed on his roof. Stepping onto his balcony. I opened the sliding door and walked in placing Saskue on his queen size bed. I layed him on his stomach and took off his shirt. The cuts were deep and long. But the were already healing... I need to get that poison out before it's too late. I can use the same healing methods as my mother. I grabed some cream out of my pocket. I rubbed it on the scratches. Saskue moaned.

"THAT HURTS!!!" Saskue yelled clenching his fists and pulling at the sheets.

"I'm sorry! Just don't move! It will make the poison spread!" I said.

All he did was moan. The poison was fading away... It's working.

I made my hand glow green and I dragged my hand up and down his back. His screamed in pain. With my other hand I grabbed his shirt. After a while I took my glowing hand away satisfied with my work.

"You can sit up now." I said holding out his shirt. It took him a moments to fully sit up. I slowly pulled his shirt over his head.

"Thanks." he said. His hands were trembling as he reached out to grab my hands. Instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a small peck on the lips. His eyes widened and he started to blush a deep red. I gave him a gentle hug trying to not put a lot of pressure on his back.

"Your going to have some nasty scars.... But they should be fine... Just be careful with them. Take it easy for a while." I said, he squeezed me tighter. His wasn't happy with that news. I didn't blame him.

"Let's go in the living room. We can watch some tv and relax." I said picking him up. I think he was surprised by my strength because he grabbed onto my arms like he was going to fall.

"I got you. I won't ever let you fall!" I said burring my face in his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~

We sat on the couch and Saskue snuggled into me. I threw a blanket over us and we took it easy for the night.

"Nami... Can I ask you something?'' Saskue asked looking up at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh the glory of cliff hangers!!! Haha. So any ways comment your opinion. Don't forget to vote and until next time!!!!

~Nami