Chapter 7, An Old Friend

~~Chapter 7~~

"So, Nami, what did you do once I left the Sand?" Shikamaru asked.

"Well I got into some crap, that was Kankuro's fault! We smashed a house with a boulder... BUT NO ONE DIED!" I said.

"NAMI!!!!" Shikamaru yelled.

"EVERYONE WAS OKAY!!! Don't worry! We just had to save a family of 7..." I said quietly.

Shikamaru looked concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the address the Hokage gave me... I LIKE IT!!!" I said throwing my arms in the air.

"Well come on! Lets get your crap set up then we can go to dinner." He said before running toward the door.

"Hey! Wait up!" i yelled catching up to him quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey it's larger than I expected it to be!" I said taking off my shoes. Shikamaru did the same.

"You pretty luck to already have furniture too! AND YOU HAVE A KING SIZED BED!!!" Shikamaru yelled pointing to the bed.

"Oh my god I do!" I said.

"So your leaving for the Sand tomorrow?" I asked after jumping on my new bed.

"Ya, Temari sent a letter. She said its important..... I don't know what it is though. I think some one went missing.." He said. Ahh shit! They know I'm gone and there going to send every weapon they got!

"W-when did you get the letter?" I asked.

"Yesterday... The Hokage gave me permission to leave the village."

"O-oh...'' I said. I went to the fridge. It was stocked with food.

"She treats you well huh?" Shikamaru said behind me,

"Ya she does..." I said quietly.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"I'm the one that went missing... But i didn't just go missing... I ran away. Gaara was the only one that knew... Temari must have just found out. Kanakro must not know yet. Or he would come after me..."

"NAMI! You left?!?! What happens if The Sand is under attack? Huh? Then Gaara will have a lot of crap on is shoulders! Do you know what-" I cut him off.

"Yes I know what I did. I needed to get out of that crap hole. Besies, I was going to be brought in for testing. And Gaara wouldn't let that happen. Every one would have been dead if Gaara had found out about that testing." I turned around and looked at him.

"You can't tell any one about this. We never mentioned this! Okay?" I said pointing my finger at him.

"Okay! Now lets go get some dinner. My treat." Shikamau said with a smile.

~~~~~At dinner~~~~~

"So what's up with Sasuke? You said that he is dangerous." I asked looking up at Shikamaru.

"He's part of the Uchiha clan. His brother, Itchi, murdered all of the clan except Sasuke. Sasuke is wanting to take revenge on his brother. By killing him. He wants more power and he will do anything to get it. So I would just stay clear of him. We don't want you getting hurt."

"We?"

"Every one in the village. Your part of the Leaf village now. You'r part of us now."

~~~~~After dinner~~~~~

"So it looks like your all settled in now..... I guess ill go home. I wont see you for a while because I'm leaving tomorrow for the Sand."

"Okay. But don't tell Temari you were with me. She'll know that you know where I am." I said.

''What if I already know?" Temari said from behind us.

"Temari?" Shikamaru asked.

"Nami go home. You got some explaining to do tomorrow. Don't worry, Gaara's not here."

I just walked away.

*Temari's P.O.V*

When Nami was out of sight i looked back at Shikamru.

"How long has she been here?" I asked.

"Since yesturday. She spent the night with Saskue... Should we be worried?" he asked looking at me.

"No. Are you surprised to see me?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes very much. What are you doing here? I was coming to the Sand."

"It would be safer here. For you and me."

"So where are you staying?" He asked.

"I don't know. I never thought of that." I said looking down.

"Come stay with me. You'll need the protection." He said.

"Ya what ever you say hotshot!" I said.

I've been I love with Shikamaru for a long time. That's why I came, instead of him. I missed him so bad! I don't know how he feels about me though! It depresses me!

*Shikamaru's P.O.V.*

Damn I love it when Temari acts all tough! Damn it! I need to show her that I'm not just a friend! I love her! I know I do! I just don't know how to shower her?

"What ever you say hotshot!" she said.

We started walking down the path. Her fan was swaying back and worth when she walked.

"I missed you." I said. DAMN IT! Why did I just say that?!?! She's not going to miss me back! She doesn't like me that way! I was pulled from my thoughts.

"I miss you more!" She said.

Well let's just go as far as possible!

"Ya how much?" I asked taking hold of her hand.

"More than you!" She said laying her head on my shoulder. I had grown more than her and I was now a little bit taller than her.

She must like me...... I hope...

"No I think-" I was cut off.

"Just shut up an kiss me!" He said lifting her head off my shoulder.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, mine went around her waist, and I locked our lips together.

I never wanted it to end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tell me what you think!

~Nami