Chapter 8

The oil lamp went out, and Qingyan lay on the inside of the bed, watching the tall figure lower the curtains on both sides of the Wan Gong bed in the moonlight.

After the man lay down next to him and covered himself with the quilt, Qingyan sat up with her elbows on her hands.

The man asked him: "Do you want to relieve yourself? Do you want to light an oil lamp?"

Qingyan shook her head, crawled from above the man's legs to the edge of the bed, pulled her shoes off and got off the ground.

The fire in the stove was on, and the room was not as warm as when he was cooking. He rushed to the kitchen with his shoulders in his arms, poured a large bowl of water from the kettle, carefully carried the bowl back to the back room, and put it on the table.

Then he returned to the bedside, stood there, and whispered in the night: "I put water on the table. If you are thirsty at night, it will be more convenient to drink water."

After Qiu Henian said "hmm", he bent his legs and asked him to return to the bed.

When Qingyan lay down, she turned over, turned to his side, and said with guilt in a lower voice: "The food tonight is too salty, and you still eat so much, I'm afraid you'll catch me..."

After finishing speaking, Qingyan seemed to hear a soft and deep laughter, but he seemed not to hear it, and he couldn't be sure.

After a few seconds, he felt the man next to him pull the quilt for him. A low magnetic voice sounded like a sigh in the night. He said, "Go to sleep."

These two words were like magic. Qingyan slowly closed her eyes and felt that the bed was very warm. The body temperature next to her was very comfortable. The man's regular breathing also made people feel at ease. She fell asleep quickly. .

Qingyan got up at dawn the next day. This time he didn't sleep in.

In the past, Qingyan would play on her mobile phone until very late at night. Even if there was nothing to do, she would still check WeChat messages and fast-paced but meaningless short videos on the short video platform from time to time. It was really boring, even if she watched I can stay up very late looking at shopping websites.

I haven't had such a comfortable sleep in a long time. When I woke up, I felt refreshed and comfortable. More importantly, my butt didn't hurt much anymore.

Before going to bed last night, he was still thinking that if Qiu Henian wanted to do it again, he would not let the other party succeed even if he tried his best. If he kept stabbing him again, he would have to confess on this bed, but fortunately last night, the other party It doesn't mean that at all.

Qiu Henian still got up earlier than him and was already cooking in the outer room. Qingyan got dressed and took care of herself, then hurried out of the inner room, helping the other party while silently learning how to light a fire for the stove.

One night passed, and the fire in the stove had burned out, leaving only residual warmth.

Qiu Henian used a furnace hook to pull out the burned coals, then used a small shovel to shovel all the ashes into the pit under the furnace, then covered the pit with an iron grate, and then put them layer by layer into the furnace. Firewood and coals, and hay to support combustion were placed at the mouth of the stove.

He seemed to have deliberately slowed down his movements, especially when using flint and steel, almost taking one step at a time.

Qingyan was a little embarrassed, but still looked at it seriously.

Instead of cooking this morning, Qiu Henian dug out a piece of frozen tofu and a piece of pork belly from the snowdrift in the yard, tore the cabbage into pieces, added soaked vermicelli, and cooked a pot of pork and cabbage soup.