Chapter 108 Trouble (2)

It was already late at night when we drove the carriage back to the village that night. Qingyan urged Xiaozhuang to go back and not to worry his mother. The child unloaded the cart and fed Xiaozao fodder before leaving in panic.

Aunt Li was afraid that something might happen to Qingyan and refused to go home, so she stayed in Blacksmith Wang's house and asked Qingyan to call her if anything happened at night.

That night, she didn't know how many times she turned over, how many times she sighed secretly, how many times she shed tears when she thought about the uncomfortable things.

When the rooster crowed the next day, Aunt Li, who had just slept for a short while, woke up with pain all over. As soon as she put on her clothes, she heard someone knocking on the door.

She felt nervous and hurriedly put on her shoes and was about to leave the house. At this moment, there was a sound on the door of the next door, and her footsteps hurried to the yard, and she started to talk clearly.

Aunt Li simply smoothed her hair, opened the door and walked out. She saw Liu Fa following Qing Yan into the yard.

Once he entered the outhouse, Liu Fa didn't go any further. He sighed deeply and squatted on the ground.

Aunt Li took a closer look and found that his eyes were red and his face looked very bad. He had clearly not slept all night.

Qingyan moved the stool over, but Liu Fa did not sit down.

He squatted on the ground and said with dull eyes: "Yesterday they dug up Liu Xiang's grave and carried away the bones."

Now that the case has been uncovered again and Qiu Henian has been arrested, there must be a new autopsy to find new evidence. Qingyan had expected this to happen, so it was not surprising.

Liu Fa clenched his hands into fists and showed a regretful look, "Maybe I wasn't so weak back then and took the initiative for Liu Xiang. Today, I won't be used as an excuse to harm the Year of the Crane."

Liu Fa raised his red eyes, looked at Qingyan, and said, "I know that the matter has nothing to do with the Year of the Crane. Yesterday I got the news and rushed to the county government office, but no one listened to me. Instead, they repeatedly asked me to recognize that. The embroidered shoes belonged to Liu Xiang, but I refused to acknowledge them, so they said they would send someone to the county to find Liu Yongfu's family to identify them."

Qingyan's fingers hanging by his side moved.

Aunt Li burst into tears and said, "This is really forcing people to die!"

After Liu Fa left, Aunt Li wiped her tears and made some simple food. The two of them ate together. Qingyan didn't take a few bites. Aunt Li sighed when she saw it, but she didn't know how to persuade him.

Not long after the meeting, Qiuniang and Sanyao also came to the house. They were sitting in the outer room, all with worried faces and speechless.

After a while, Qingyan stood up and said, "Auntie, Qiuniang, please keep an eye on the store."

The two men nodded, and Qingyan said to Sanyao: "Sanyao, please send me to the county government office today."

Sanyao stood up quickly and said, "Okay, I'll go hitch the car right away."

Sanyao drove a carriage and sent Aunt Li and Qiuniang to the store first, and then took Qingyan straight to the county seat.

While walking out of the village, villagers looked at the people in the car with complicated eyes from time to time, especially looking at Qingyan again and again.