[Night shift {Hazbin Hotel ~ Huskerdust} Fluff?]

This is gonna be post episode 4 because I do what I want
Update 1 hour after publishing: Im so sad I could have written in that it was the day after episode 6 it would've made so much sense :c (I wrote this before I saw that it was out)
TW: mentions of abuse
——

3rd person POV

Angel was speed walking back to the hotel. It was far past his curfew and in the slim chance that Charlie or Vaggie were still awake that moth would rain hell on him for making the princess worry for him.

Who has he become? He's one of if not the most famous pornstar in the pride ring. Word about him has probably trailed out into all the other six rings! And now he has a fucking bedtime? Shits changed.

He crushed his cigarette under his heel a few steps away from the hotel door. Shit if he made the hotel smell like smoke he would be double dead.

He slowly creaked the door open and slipped through a small crack.

"No needa tiptoe around, their asleep"

Angel quickly spun around, almost tripping and having to hold onto the door to stabilize himself.

"Shit Husk, you scared the shit outa me" he walked towards the bar that was pretty much at the entrance just a few steps in.

Husk didn't say anything and just looked back down at the glass he was trying off.

"So.. whya down here so late?" Angel sat down on one of the bar stools and rested his head in his top set of hands, elbows on the bar.

Husk just shrugged with a hum then put the glass up. He had been waiting for that stupid spider.

"Your a man of little words Husky" he giggled as he glanced at the bottles on the back wall of the bar. "Get me somethin' strong"

Husk rolled his eyes and grabbed two bottles that were right next to eachother with one hand and a glass with the other.

"Aww~ I know why your not sleepin'" Angel had a dumb little smirk plastered on his face.

Husk looked up from the glass without stopping his pour. "And why's that?"

"You were waitin' on me~" Angel picked up his head and quickly reached across the bar and tipped the neck of both bottles back up so the glass wouldn't overflow. He then took it and took just one sip.

"And what brought you to that conclusion?" It didn't show but Husk was silently panicking about how Angel genuinely found that out.

"Well~ I'm here quite a lot and I'll tell ya, those bottles ain't always next to eachother" he started giggling again as he continued "You know my usual and move them in advance" it wasn't very clear that he was just joking.

Husk stayed silent.

"Wait- really? I was just guessin'!" Angel put down his cup and leaned farther into the bar.

"Once your done with that cup I'm closing down" Husk completely avoided the topic as he turned around and put the bottles back on the wall rack.

Luckily the change in topic got Angel off his back. Angel took another swig from the glass but instead of putting it down he nonchalantly held it on his right eye.

Val was in an awful mood today and obviously he took that out on his finest prize instead of one of his many other whores. Valentino's tantrum resaulted in a few cuts and bruises. One of those bruises was right over his eye. It really did hurt but the ice helped a bit.

Being a bartender makes people very observant, atleast, if you like knowing as much as Husk does. Because of this Husk had picked up on Angels makeshift icepack.

Despite having known Husk for such a long time and complaining to him atleast once or twice a month- probably more, Husk didn't know anything about Vals abuse. Angel always has makeup over any marks and scars so how would Husk know?

"What's with the icepack Doll face?" Husk raised and eyebrow.

"Ooo~ Doll face is a new one! You should just stick to that" Angel lowered the glass to chug the rest of it then held it out to Husk "See ya tomorrow Kitty!"

Angel was about to walk away but Husk quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back over "You never answered my question" Husk didn't let go until Angel sat back down and then he started cleaning the cup.

"Just hurt myself a bit. Ya know how rough guys are these days" Angel waved a hand dismissively before he spoke. But he couldn't get away that easily.

"Rough enough to give you a black eye?" Husk put the cup back in the shelf

"Black eye?" Angel stood up so he could look in the mirror stretching along the top of the bar. Turned out the sweat from the glass as well as sweating for hours on end did a number on the makeup.

"Yeah. Black eye" Husks monotone voice almost made it sound like he was mad. Honestly, he was kinda worried.

"Nah that's justa makeup smudge, no worries Husky" he smiled and waved behind him as he walked off to go to his room.

Husk was a bit upset he didn't get to pry Angel for more because he knew that it wasnt just makeup. He wasn't about to follow Angel though so he just shut off the leds and made his way to his own room.

Neither slept that night.