Chapter 12: The Carnival

Louis: A couple of days past. That's whe. I showed up at Sarah's house with good news. "Come on!" I said, pulling Sarah behind me. Of course I wasn't giving her much choice. I pulled her until we reached it; There were people setting up the carnival.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" Sarah said, mocking my excitement, "Rides such as the rusty Tilt-A-Wirl, Giant Slide that isn't much taller than a play ground slide, and Ready To Fall Apart Ferris Wheel."

"How dare you speak of these in such a way?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"Let me guess, you haven't told me of your hatred of puppies, kittens, and everything that makes life worth living?" I said. She laughed.

"I don't mind them, they just aren't worth pulling my girlfriend a block to see them be put up," Sarah said. I sighed.

"Whatever," I said, "But, when they are set up, your going to ride the Ready To- I mean Ferris Wheel with me."

Sarah was smirking with that evil grin of hers, "You almost said it."

"So you see you evil!" I said, "You see what your making of me."

"Sure, whatever," she said.

"Sure whatever?" I asked, "You are changing my ways. You are making me more like you and using your powers for evil. You should be ashamed of yourself, Sarah Polan."

"Yes I feel terrible," Sarah said, sarcasm tainting her voice.

"Do I hear sarcasm? I think I heard sarcasm," I asked. Sarah laughed.

"No Louis. I really feel ashamed," Sarah said, once again, sarcastically.

"Double sarcasm..." I continued my rant for a while until we reached the Hideout.

*******************************************************************************

Sarah: That weekend I found myself walking down the street, toward the lights of a small street carnival. This time, instead of Louis tugging me there, he walked beside me, our fingers intertwined. The first ride of the night; Louis made a BLine for the Giant Slide. We raced eachother down, laughing when Louis pulled in front of me. After a ride on the Tilt A Wirl, Louis and I stood, buying a wad of pink, cotton candy. "So," Louis said, "When was the last time you went to a carnival like this?" I shrugged although I could remember. Emily and I had gone to one when we were 13 and Emily broke her wrist at the bottom of the Giant Slide. I didn't want to picture her wincing face at the moment. I watched as a couple past by us. Louis nodded, getting the hint.

"How about you?" I asked. Louis grabbed the cotton candy the woman was holding out to us.

"I go every year to this one. Other than that not really ever," Louis said, pulling off a piece of the wispy candy before handing it to me.

"So I'm assuming that's why you trust these rides?" I asked. Louis nodded.

"Oh, my gosh!" I heard a girl shriek, "Fizzy is that Louis and his date?" I saw the girls were Louis's sisters, Felicite and Charlotte. Louis rolled his eyes.

"Hey girls," Louis said.

"Hey Lou. And hey Sarah," Fizzy said, still slightly giggling.

"Hey," I said.

"So what have you two rascals been up to?" Charlotte asked in the same joking tone.

"Oh, you know, hunting for big foot," Louis said, rolling his eyes at his sisters. They rolled their eyes back at him. Louis leaned over and whispered something in his sisters' ears. They smiled.

"Well, we can see your busy so see yah!" Charlotte said. Louis smiled.

"What'd you tell them?" I asked.

"That I'd buy them candy for the next two weeks if they left," Louis said, smirking.

I laughed, "Nice."

Louis looked at me, "Would you expect any less?"

Louis: It was almost ten when Sarah and I loaded into a Ferris Wheel basket. Sarah had a slight nervousness in her eye. I put my arm around her and I saw it leave. "Afraid of heights?" I asked. Sarah shook her head.

"I'm afraid if falling," she said.

I squeezed her tighter, "I would never let you fall."

"That's not true," Sarah said. I looked at her blankly.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"You let me fall in love with you," she said, smiling. I smiled before pressing my lips to hers. All I could think was that she had done the same for me.