Chapter 14: Saving You

Sarah: The clock was ticking on summer. I felt my body dreading it all. I didn't know why though. I had only known Louis two months, now going on three. Why had I grown so attatched.

On the night of the fifth of August, I was having problems sleeping. I mean like I couldn't sleep a wink. So, I snuck out. I walked to Louis's house. I found a pebble in the dirt by his window. I threw it against the window. Nothing. I grabbed another pebble, turning it over in my hand before throwing it at Louis's window. Still nothing. I grabbed another pebble, but the window opened just as I launched it, hitting Louis in the nose. "Ow!" Louis cussed, under his breath.

"Sorry," I said.

"What do you want?" Louis asked, rubbing his nose.

"I was curious if you wanted to go swimming?" I asked, putting my hands behind my back and summoning the best Angel Girl look I could muster.

"I think I want to stay in tonight," Louis said.

"Oh," I said, looking down at the ground, "Um, okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yep," Louis said, as I turned I heard Louis's window close. I started to walk away. Wait a little guy in my head said You could still go swimming. I mean you'd be fine. I turned , moving toward the watter. I stripped off my clothing so I stood in just a bra and panties. I ran into the waves, the cold opening all of my senses. I swam, letting myself follow the waves. But, I wasn't paying attention. Suddenly, the waves got too strong. I tried to swim through the wave, but found myself sucked down. The water went down and I came up, only to be trampled by a new, bigger wave.

Louis: I rolled out of bed throwing on a pair of shorts. I was being a jerk. I walked down and snuck out. As I walked out, I saw clouds rolling in. I ran toward the beach, hoping to see Sarah. I found her clothes strown on the shore, and I looked out at the waves. I saw Sarah and got in, ready to swim to her. Just as I was swimming I saw a wave rise from the calm waters. I saw Sarah's head disapear. Oh no. I swam, relying entirely on my swimming lessons I had taken when I was five. I swam to were Sarah had been, only to realize how violent the waves were. I saw Sarah, laying like a deflated balloon on the waves. I swam to her, my body not caring about how strong the waves were. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back to shore. Once we reached, the shore, I heard Sarah coughing. I looked down at her. Her eyes fluttered open. "My hero," Sarah said, dryly. I rolled my eyes.

"You almost killed us both," I said, almost angry.

"Sorry," Sarah said, shrugging.

"Please don't ever do that again," I said to her.

"Okay," Sarah said, eyes fluttering shut. So much for authority.