Chapter 19: First Day

Sarah: When I pulled up to the high school, I felt sick. Starting senior year in a new place. Was this really worth it?

The nightmares had started again. The typical dead best friend, although they always finished with Louis, waving his arms franticly and running after the car. I looked around. I saw people getting reaquainted with friends they hadn't seen since June, and people brushing up on some early studies. I saw one couple kissing against the school building. The last one pulled at my heart, as though reminding me only two weeks ago that had been me.

I took a seat on a retaining was and watched, trying not to seem too weird.

Louis: When I had gotten home I had gone imediatly to friends' houses, trying to feel better. I missed her. Today was the first day of school though and I wasn't about to screw it up worrying about Sarah. I mean, not entirely. I was always thinking about her.

I walked up to school, doing the same thing every 17 year old guy does, look at the 17 year old girls. There was the girl pinned to the wall of the school by her boyfriend. There was the girl carrying her trumpet case down to the doors. There was the group of crazy popular girl, popping gum and laughing at the girls who sat on the retaining wall, studying. Then there was one girl. She was dressed in light blue jeans, obvously brand new. Her hair was pulled into a pony tail on the back of her head. Her skin was tanned now, her blue eyes studying the people around her. This time, I knew what was drawing me to her. Because I had watched her skin get tanned, and those blue eyes had looked into mine all summer.

My mind was playing tricks on me, so I blinked. She was still there. She wasn't going away. Was she really there? Was Sarah really there. I decided to go and sit ten feet away from her, maybe a closer look would say something different. It didn't. "You know it's rude to stare at girls from-" Sarah's words were cut off by her breath catching, "Louis?"

"Um, sure," I said. Sarah laughed, hugged me.

"Um, sure? Is that supposed to mean something," she asked, smiling.

"Um, sure," I said, laughing. I had never been more happy.

"I love you, Louis," she said, kissing my lips.

"I love you too, Sarah," I said, kissing her back. Now everything was perfect.

=================================================================================

Authors Note: If you liked this story, I have a few others. I have published Gotta Be You, which is a Zayn Malik fan fiction, along with She's Not Afraid, a Niall Horan fan fiction. Also you can be on the watch for Rock Me, a Liam Payne fan fiction, and Little Things, a sequel to Gotta Be You. Thank You for reading Summer Love. I loved writing it and I hope you enjoy all the rest just the same.