Chapter 12: Here We Go Again

Title accredited to friends121914. Thank you for the title idea.
@@@@@
Several months passed. Daisy's belly got bigger. The best part of this go around was that Jennifer was there to enjoy it. Yeah Daisy was a little angry that Jennifer put her through the pain, but she knew that Jennifer had to do it for her job. One day, Daisy decided to take Ashlyn to see Johnny and the rest of the station. It had been a long few nights. Ashlyn kept having nightmares and was afraid that Johnny would get hurt again. She knew Daisy was safe now due to the baby. When they got to the station, Ashlyn ran ahead of Daisy and jumped into Johnny's arms crying. Johnny thought something happened to Daisy and started to get worried. So did the rest of the guys. When she walked in the kitchen, a big sigh of relief came from everyone in the room. Daisy rolled her eyes. "What are you all doing here?" Johnny finally asked.

"She wanted to come see daddy. She's been having bad dreams lately," Daisy said as she sat down on the couch next to Henry. Henry laid his head on her lap then went back to sleep.

"Little Boot hasn't been sleeping well? I know what can fix that," Chet said grabbing Ashlyn from Johnny and tickling her. She started kicking and giggling. "So are you excited to be a big sister?"

"Yes!" Ashlyn yelled.

"Do you want a brother or a sister?"

"Brother!" she yelled again. Chet laughed and tickled her again.

"What do you two think it will be?" Captain Stanley asked as he took a sip from his coffee. Johnny said it would be another girl whereas Daisy said it was a boy.

"I'm pretty sure it's a boy, Johnny," Daisy argued with Johnny. They both started to raise their voices trying to come to an agreement. Captain Stanley quieted them down.

"Why don't we take a vote? It's already 2 for a boy 1 for a girl. My vote is it's a boy. So it's 3 for a boy 1 for a girl. Chet, what's your vote?" Captain Stanley asked looking at Chet.

"I think it's another girl."

"3 for a boy. 2 for a girl. Stoker, your vote," Captain Stanley said holding up his fingers.

"Another girl."

"Okay. It's tied up. Marco, you're our tie breaker."

"Well, I think it's going to be a boy."

"The boy won," Captain Stanley said patting Johnny on the back. Daisy laughed at Johnny's expression. "Anyways, how far along are you?"

"30 weeks."

"Mommy, how did the baby get in there?" Ashlyn asked from across the room. Everyone's eyes widened and directed their attention to Ashlyn.

"Ashlyn, let's go get some ice cream," Daisy said before Ashlyn could ask again. Ashlyn smiled and ran to Daisy as she got up to go to the car.
@@@@@
A few weeks passed. Daisy was two weeks away now. On Ashlyn's birthday, she did all she could to make it perfect. "Johnny, will you help me hang this banner?"

"Yeah. If you will sit down and rest. I don't want that girl to come early," he said joking with her. Daisy put her hand on her hip.

"Johnny, I'm okay. Anyways, it's going to be a boy I can feel it," she said laughing. Johnny took over while Daisy sat down on the couch to rest. When they finished, Daisy went to wake Ashlyn up. Ashlyn was amazed with everything. Everything in the room was firefighter stuff. She especially loved her birthday cake which was shaped like a squad. She hugged Daisy and Johnny tightly around the neck then went to change her clothes. When she came back out, the room was filled with people. There was the guys from the station, friends from the police department, Rose and her boyfriend, and a few others. The party lasted for two hours then everyone went home. Daisy went into labor that night, but the baby didn't come until the next morning. Ashlyn was so happy to finally meet her sibling. She waited outside with Dixie until Johnny came out to get her.

"Ashlyn, are you ready to meet your brother?" he asked when he came out. Ashlyn's face lit up.

"I have a brother?" she yelled then pushed past Johnny to see him. Daisy was laying in the bed holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket.

"Ashlyn meet your baby brother, James Roderick," she said as Ashlyn climbed up on the bed to see him better. She kissed his forehead then laid down next to Daisy and fell asleep. Visitors came and went to meet the newest Gage. Soon, Daisy fell asleep along with James and Ashlyn. 'I could get used to this,' Daisy thought before falling asleep.
@@@@@
A/N: Just wanted to say thanks to kaylie2014 for coming up with the name for little James. I will get the next chapter out soon. There will probably be a few more chapters and then the ending. I don't know yet. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading and please check out my other story, "7 Reasons We Should Respect Police Officers". It is currently in a contest so please vote and comment. Thanks again.