Chapter 8: Adam-12 To The Rescue

"What's going on here?" Malloy asked when he saw who it was. Ivy piped in.

"They barged in here without my approval. Arrest them at once," Ivy demanded. Daisy rolled her eyes. Reed and Malloy saw the look on Daisy's face and knew that wasn't the whole story.

"Daisy, what really happened?" Malloy asked looking at her. Daisy told them all about how Ivy dumped Rose on the side of the road, how she was going to try to get custody of Rose, and how Ivy yelled at Rose for coming back and tried to slap her. Reed gave Ivy the death stare after hearing about her almost slapping Rose. Ivy denied all of it. "Rose, did all of what Daisy say happen?" Malloy asked Rose to justify.

"Yes. I even have a mark from where she grabbed me earlier before Daisy came in. See?" she asked pointing to a red mark on her forearm. Malloy nodded.

"Ms. Hathaway, you're under arrest for aggravated assault," Malloy said cuffing Ivy.

Reed gave Ivy her rights. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to give up the right to remain silent?"

"I understand them. No, I don't wish to speak to you," Ivy said in a grouchy voice. With that, Reed took Ivy to the cruiser and put her in the back. Daisy turned and looked at Rose.

"Go get your stuff and we'll head on home." Rose left for her room. Daisy followed to make sure she would be okay. When they got into her room, Rose was rubbing her stomach. Daisy saw her rubbing it. "Rose, is your stomach hurting you?" Rose looked at Daisy and nodded. "Lift your shirt up." Rose did as she was told. On her stomach was several bruises and cuts. Some cuts were bleeding. "Reed! Malloy!" Reed and Malloy ran to Rose's bedroom as fast as they could.

"What's wrong?" Malloy asked once they got in the doorway. Daisy pointed at Rose's stomach. Malloy looked at Reed. "Call for an ambulance and child abuse investigators." Reed nodded then ran to the cruiser.

"Rose, why didn't you tell us about this earlier? We could have done something quicker," Daisy asked looking at Rose in the eye.

"I was scared of what she would do if I told you. I didn't want any of you hurt," Rose said with tears. Daisy pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay. It's okay," Daisy whispered as Rose cried harder into her shoulder. The ambulance arrived a little later. The ambulance attendees took Rose to the hospital. Daisy asked if they could take her to Rampart so they did. Seeing as Ivy lived in the city limits and not the county, they couldn't call for the paramedics. The city didn't have the program yet. Daisy called Johnny when they got to Rampart and told him everything.

"Do you need me to come up there?" he asked with worry.

"If you want to. I'll ask Joanne if she can watch Ashlyn. I'm sure she won't mind."

"Okay. I'm getting her dressed right now. I'll see you in a few minutes. Bye," Johnny said hanging up the phone. He ran to Ashlyn's room and woke her up.

"Daddy!" she said rubbing her eyes. She yawned then sat up in her bed.

"You need to get dressed, Princess. You're going to Uncle Roy's today," Johnny said picking out random clothes from her closet. He knew nothing about little girl fashion.

"Yay! Where's mommy at?" she asked with her Emerald eyes twinkling in the sunlight that shined through the window. Spot was curled up beside her.

"She went to go talk to Rose." Technically, he wasn't lying. She really was talking to Rose. Ashlyn just nodded. "How about this outfit for you to wear?" Johnny asked holding up a ripped t-shirt and pants that didn't match. Ashlyn looked at Johnny like he was crazy.

"A pair of blue jean shorts and a different shirt will be fine, Daddy." Johnny put the shirt and pants back in her closet.

"Okay. Is this better?" he asked holding a pink shirt and blue jean shorts. Ashlyn nodded her head up and down then grabbed the clothes and changed. Johnny helped her. After she had her clothes on and was ready to go, Johnny called Roy to let him know they were on their way.
@@@@@
"So what's going on?" Roy asked when Johnny and Ashlyn arrived.

"Ashlyn, go on inside," Johnny said as she ran in. Once she was in, he told Roy everything Daisy told him.

"You better get going then. I'll see you later," Roy said as he turned to walk inside.

"Alright. See you. Bye, Ashlyn!" Johnny yelled.

"Bye, Daddy!"
@@@@@
Rose was in the treatment room. Dr. Early took her in to stitch up the bad cuts and dress the others. Daisy was out in the waiting room with her head against the wall when her stomach started to hurt really bad. She got up and went to ask Dixie if she had an Aspirin that she could spare. Daisy put her hand on her stomach and was starting to get sick. She ran to the bathroom and threw up. What could be wrong? She never felt this miserable.
@@@@@
AUTHOR'S NOTE: PRIVATE MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR WHAT IS WRONG WITH DAISY. IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH, I WILL USE IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER AND DEDICATE THAT CHAPTER TO YOU. THANK YOU. SORRY FOR THE DELAY.