Chapter 16

Sadly, I couldn't find Dumbo anywhere. I had a suspicion that Yuma had something to do with it, but why the fuck would she kill an elephant? I wanted to spend my afternoon with Dumbo fucking shit up, but I can't find him. I told Pagan that I was going to look for him and he said that I treated Dumbo like it was my dog. Well, he's the best damn dog I ever had. 

I drove for an hour when I heard screaming in the distance. I saw Royal Guards running away from something and before I even had a chance to do anything, my car was flipped over and thrown at a tree. Luckily I had my seatbelt on or that would have been the end of me. I felt blood trickle down the right side of my head and I wiped it off. I climbed out of the car and saw an elephant wrecking a barricade that was set up by Royal Guards. I squinted and noticed that someone was riding the elephant and some fat guy was running right beside them.

I hid behind a tree and watched the magic happen. An American guy was shooting his machine gun and holding an artifact of a monkey. And the guy riding the elephant was Ajay who rode the elephant like a pro. I heard a bullet whiz past my ear and saw the American guy taking aim at me with his machine gun. I ducked as he sent out a barrage of bullets to the poor tree.

"Wait, stop!" I heard someone scream and the elephant was trying to throw Ajay off of it. When the elephant faced me, I saw that it had a scar on its left eye. I opened my arms and screamed DUMBO. Dumbo trumpeted and stomped over to me with glee. Ajay got down and watched me pat Dumbo.

"You named the elephant Dumbo?"

"Why not?"

"Does he fly?"

"Shut up man, Dumbo is a good name for an elephant. Plus, he likes it. Don't you Dumbo?" Dumbo trumpeted and I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled at Ajay. He laughed and put his pistol in his pocket.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I was trying to find Dumbo. Looks like you found him for me."

"Ajay, you know this guy?" The fat guy from earlier stood right beside Ajay and breathed heavily.

"Blake, this is Hurk. Hurk, this is Blake."

"Nice to see another American out here bro. It gets kind of lonely here sometimes, you know?" He held out his hand and I shook it.

"Do you know how to ride an elephant?" Ajay asked me.

"A little bit. I practiced with Dumbo, but we only walked."

"Um, Ajay...I think we have company." Hurk said. We all turned to see a bunch of Royal Guard trucks drive toward us.

"Shit! Get on the elephant!" Ajay yelled. Ajay got on, then I did and Hurk followed soon after. Dumbo trumpeted and ran for his life. The ride was bumpy and there wasn't anything to hold onto. I was about to fall off when I put my arms around Ajay's waist and held on to him. My eyes opened wide and I blushed when I noticed what I was doing. Ajay turned his head and looked at me over his shoulder. I let go and apologized a thousand times.

"S-sorry dude, its j-just that-you know I had nothing to hold onto and-I was about t fall off and-look, I'm very sorry dude I-" I was caught off when I was about to fall and I put my arms around Ajay's waist again. 

"It's alright...I guess. As long as it keeps you from falling off." I buried my face into Ajay's back and tried to hide the blush on my cheeks.

"How come you let him put his arms around you, but not me?" Hurk asked.

"Because he's never done this before and he's my friend."

"And I'm not?" Hurk asked with a sad tone.