Chapter 25

As soon as I got up, I headed straight for the bathroom and pulled out my phone. I wanted to call Pagan, but I was afraid of what might happen if I ever saw him again. I sighed and shoved my phone in my pocket and walked out of the bathroom. Ajay was already up stretching and he waved at me.

"Welp, time to get a beating of a lifetime."

"It's not going to be that bad. Pagan might go easy on you."

"Yeah right! But I don't care anymore. I just want to get this shit over with." We walked outside and Sabal was walking around all happy. I guess being the leader of the Golden Path means you have control over everything. I kind of wanted Amita to be leader of the Golden Path, but maybe Sabal isn't all that bad....

"Good morning Ajay! Are you ready for the final push?"

"What do you mean?" Ajay asked him.

"The final push to defeat Pagan! The soldiers are training harder than ever to face Pagan and his Royal Army." Ajay and I just looked at each other and sighed.

"Look boys, the faster we deal with Pagan, the sooner this whole war will end and we can all rest easy." Sabal put a hand on my shoulder and started to apologize.

"Blake, I know we have our differences and even though we don't see eye to eye on many things, I would like it if you would help us defeat Pagan. The Golden Path needs both you and Ajay. We can't do this alone. And Amita, I regret some of the things that I said to her. She was a brave woman for stepping up to be the leader of the Golden Path."

"I get it, I get it. I'll help you defeat Pagan. I just want to go home." I groaned and Ajay led me to a boat.

"Call me when you're done talking to him." He told me.

"Sure, if I'm not dead."

"Don't say shit like that. If things go south, come back here okay?"

"...okay." I said and sailed the boat toward the docks.

(Pagan's Royal Palace...)

I took a deep breath and walked up the steps. I had a feeling Pagan was inside his office sitting there. Tapping impatiently on his desk waiting for me to show up with Yuma. I hesitated walking up the steps, but I had to do it. Even if I was going to die. I kept looking down while walking up the steps because I didn't want my feet to give out under me. I tried to stay calm and count to ten. But when you're in a death or death situation, you can't really stay calm.

"Where's Yuma?" I jumped and nearly fell down the stairs. Pagan was leaning against the door frame with a super serious look on his face. I gulped and rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"She's dead isn't she?" I opted to stay quiet and Pagan sighed with disappointment.

"I asked you, to do one simple job, and you couldn't do it. What was the simple job?" I waited for a few seconds and answered.

"To bring Yuma back." I kept eye to eye contact with him. I couldn't look away and make him think I'm a wuss.

"And what didn't you do?"

"I didn't bring Yuma back."

"And you didn't even bring her dead body. Tell me, is it rotting in the damn mines?"

"...yes."

"I trusted you Blake, but you betrayed me. You helped Ajay kill her didn't you? You and Ajay. You're both savages." I winced at the insult. Mostly because I could tell how much trust Pagan put in me.

"Pagan I-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses right now. As much as I want to mourn for my little sister, I have a war to win and you're going to help me." Pagan pointed at me and told me to follow him to his office. I held my head down in shame and walked behind Pagan.