Chapter 14

"Scrambled or sunny side up?"

"Huh?"

"I said, scrambled or sunny side up?"

"My eggs?"

"No the bacon, of course the eggs!" Pagan stood next to me tapping his foot on the floor waiting for my response.

"Scrambled." I was tired as fuck and Pagan asking me questions just made my headache get even more worse.

"Scrambled please, and don't forget to butter the toast and get fresh milk." Pagan patted his servant on the shoulder and dismissed him. I laid my head down on the table and tried to go back to sleep, but the sound of something loud hitting the table woke me up.

Yuma stood over me smiling and next to my head was a gun. I put my head up and leaned back in my chair. We were eating at Paul's Compound and it was nice. Even though the country is in complete chaos right now, this morning just seemed so calm and relaxing. I took a deep breath and smelled the fresh air of Kyrat.

"Paul, there you are! Late to your own breakfast I see."

"I was busy talking to my wife. I told her I'm doing ok and she said she would like to see you again."

"Tell her that I'd love to visit her, but not right now. I need to finish up business here and then I'm free."

I listened to Paul and Pagan's conversation before falling asleep again on the table. I heard doors open and the smell of bacon and eggs made my stomach growl loudly.

"Someone's hungry."

I looked up and Paul sit to my right. He winked at me and I gave him a tired smile. Pagan sat in front of me and Yuma sat to the left of me. I yawned and sat up straight. The servants came out and put everyone's breakfast in front of them. My plate was filled with eggs, bacon, toast, and sausages. Another plate had pancakes and they had strawberries in them with strawberry syrup. I licked my lips and was about to eat when I heard Pagan laugh.

"Geez Paul, you're spoiling him." Pagan said with his mouth full of pancakes.

"Hey, the boy has to eat right? He's probably got a bigger appetite than all of us combined." Paul said and ate a piece of toast.

"No wonder he's so fat." Yuma said. I glared at her and picked up a piece of my scrambled eggs and flicked it at her with my fork. She gave me a disgusted look and wiped away the eggs while Pagan was trying to hold in his laughter.

"I can't believe yo-" Yuma was cut off when a small piece of toast hit her on the side of the head. Pagan started to whistle and acted like he didn't do anything.

I laughed, but then I felt something hit my chest and I saw that Paul had thrown half of his pancake on my shirt with syrup on it. I grabbed my pancake with my hand and threw it at him and it hit him in the face. Yuma laughed and Pagan threw his eggs at me, but I dodged them just in time. We basically threw food at each other for some time before a servant came out and asked if we were finished.

"Yes, did everyone have a nice breakfast?" We all nodded and laughed. The servants came out cleaned the table and when they saw how dirty our clothes were, they gave us questioning looks.

"It's nothing, get back to cleaning." Pagan said and he clapped his hands together.

"I'm going to need another suit and bring some new clothes for my friends here, please." Pagan said and the servant ran off.

"That was awesome!" I said and pumped my fist in the air to show how I felt.

"I have to admit, I haven't been food fight since I was teenager in high school." Paul said and wiped off some eggs from his vest.