8 - Dil Nihaad 🌸

After the Nikkah, Maryam and her family had to leave because of her father's business. There were still one and a half months, till their marriage's other functions and rukhsati. Amna had started working in that hospital and Azlaan, and Abd-ar Rahman had also continued with their work, although Maryam and Abd-ar Rahman continued staying in touch, like; late night talks... ( 😉 ) 

Everything was going smoothly, the only thing that changed was Amna being extremely late, returning home late, or sometimes not even coming home, Being a surgeon doctor isn't an easy job. While on the other hand, Ali and Eman focused on their studies. 

*** 

He entered the mansion after he parked his car. it was evening time and the sun was almost down leaving beautiful hues of orange, pink, and yellow in the sky as darkness slowly started covering the sky. Abd-ar Rahman was already back home sitting in the living room with the other men of the house... ( Suleman, Hassan, Abd-al Razzaq, and Ali.) 

"As Salam O Alikum!" he entered greeting everyone as he went to the sitting area he slightly bent down to take the blessings of his grandfather and then sat beside Abd-al Rahman. The normal talks continued between them, Eman came downstairs hoping. 

As she came downstairs she noticed, all the men sitting there, she went to them and she greeted them all, as she went to her grandfather taking his blessings. As she stood up straight going to sit with her father she noticed Ali's gaze on her as she passed him a sarcastic smile which he returned in the same manner. They both were so odd. 

Humna and Halima also came, Azlaan greeted his mother and chachi then they all sat, it was getting late, almost past their normal dinner time as Humna spoke.

"Abd-ar Rahman, zara Amna ko call to milana, kafi dher ho gai hai, ab tak ai nahin." Humna spoke in her usual worried motherly tone. Abd-ar Rahman nodded in response taking out his phone and dialing Amna's number.

[ Abd-ar Rahman, Just call Amna, it's too late, she's not home yet.]

the phone rang and rang but no one picked up as it hung up itself. Humna grew more worried.

"aik aur bar try karo." Abd-ar Rahman tried once again and this time too no one picked up and Humna sat there with worriedness taking over her. Suleman who was sitting beside her gently took her hand rubbing it softly to calm her down. Ali got up and went beside his mother.

[ Try once again. ]

"Ami, kuch nahin hota. Abhi aa jaen gi Api, Ap is tarha pareshan to na hon." Ali tried to calm his mother down by rubbing her back.

[ Mom, nothing happened. Sister will return just now, don't worry. ]

"Ji Ami, Ali-" Just as Abd-ar Rahman spoke the main door opened of the mansion Amna entered inside with an exhausted look on her face. she was taken by surprise seeing everyone stare at her. She stared at everyone's faces one by one as she slowly walked in their direction taking small steps. she reached them as she greeted them in a low voice.

[ Yes Mom, Ali- ]

"As-Salaam o Alaikum..." she greeted lowly walking towards them slowly.

"Wa alaikum Salaam beta, Ao baitho." Suleman, her father replied, inviting her to come and sit with them. She bent her head to get her grandfather's blessings and then her uncle and her father she stared at everyone confused as they kept staring at her.