9 - Dil Nihaad 🌸

While Amna teased her brother their mother entered the living room, Amna glanced at her mother and smiled signaling her to come close to her. Humna came and sat beside Amna.

"Ami, ye lain, Maryam se baat karain." Amna spoke handing her mother the phone. Humna smiled at the sight of Maryam.

[ Mom, here, talk to Maryam. ]

"As salaam o alaikum, Maryam beta. Kaisi ho?" Humna greeted Maryam with a smile.

[ Peace be upon you, Maryam daughter, How are you? ]

"Wa alaikum Salaam, Khala. Alhamdulillah, main theek hun. Ap kaisi hain?" Maryam greeted Humna back in a happy voice, smiling.

[ Peace be upon you too, Aunt. Thanks to god, I'm fine. How are you? ]

"Alhamdulillah, main bhi theek hun. Aur baki saray kaise hain, Safeena, Arsalan...?" -Humna

[ Thanks to god, I'm fine too. How are others, Safeena, Arsalan...? ]

"Shukr Alhamdulillah, saray theek hain. Ami, ap ka boht pooch rahi thin."-Maryam

[ Thanks to God, all are fine. Mom was asking about you a lot. ]

"Zahir si baat hai, ab wapis ja kar bari behn ki yaad to ati hai." Humna spoke in her sarcastic tone at which Amna, Ali, Eman, Abd-ar Rahman, and Maryam chuckled.

[ Now, after returning, she'll be remembering her elder sister is obvious. ]

Abd-ar Rahman sat there admiring his mother talking to his wife so lovingly with a small smile on his face. On the other side, Azlaan admired Amna who sat beside her mother smiling and glancing at the screen and her mother, with a churning feeling inside him. And, then there, Ali and Eman teasing and glaring at each other as always.

"Waise, kab ao ge ap log, mahina bhi khatam hone laga hai...?" Humna asked curiously smiling.

[ By the way, when will you all come, the month is about to end too...? ]

"Han, ab bhai ki aur Maryam ki shadi bhi to karni hai..." Amna spoke mischievously, making Abd-ar Rahman's ears turn red, as he blushed same with Maryam, and Amna received a small slap at the back of her head by her mother.

[ Yes, we have to do brother and Maryam's wedding too... ]

"Kyun nahin karni kya?" Amna asked staring at her mother rubbing the back of her head, only to receive a small glare from her mother making her pout slightly at her mother innocently.

[ Why, we aren't gonna do? ] 

The talk went on and soon Halima also joined. Once the call ended Amna excused herself to go get dressed for her work. She came back down already, grabbing her purse and mobile, she went to her mother and aunt kissing their cheeks along with Eman's. She was about to walk out when her Aunt stopped her.

"Amna," Halima called out to her as Amna turned to her mother.

"Ji?" Amna asked curious why she stopped her.

[ Yes? ]

"Ther jao, Azlaan le jaye ga. wo bhi ja hi raha tha." Halima glanced at Azlaan who just got up grabbing his keys from the table. He stood frozen in his place gazing between his mother and Amna.

[ Wait, Azlaan will drop you. He is also leaving. ]

Amna looked at Azlaan and last night's encounter flashed in front of her as her face heated up. she turned to her aunt and nodded. Azlaan had no option but to accept as he walked to his mother kissing her forehead and Tayi Ami's hand before he walked to where she stood, and they both walked out of the mansion.