34 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

- Maryam -

I looked over at him, spaced out as we sat in his car, silence surrounding us. 

The news was indeed shocking. It was for me, too, but I didn't expect such a reaction from him. Now, I was getting worried about him. Reaching my hand, I placed it gently on his shoulder.

"Abd-ar Rahman?" I gently rolled his name off my tongue, thinking it would calm him but he flinched and turned to me abruptly.

"Huh? Kya hua? Sab theek hai?" Now I was genuinely concerned.

[ Huh? What happened? Is everything okay? ]

"Abd-ar Rahman, main theek hun... Magar, AP ko Kya hua hai?" I asked softly.

[ Abd-ar Rahman, I'm fine... But, what happened to you? ]

He just sighed and looked up front.

"Kuch nahi... Ghar chaltay hain." Did he not like the news? Did he not want a kid now? I silently looked away, out of the passenger seat window as he started the car.

[ Nothing... Let's go home. ]

...

Soon we reached home, and behind us, we could see Azlaan's car, indicating that Amna and Azlaan were back. Abd-ar Rahman parked his car and helped me out. Despite his distant and indifferent reply earlier, he helped me out and walked with me while holding my hand and helping me up the stairs to the main door. 

Just as we reached the door, it opened revealing Ali in a rush. I frowned as we stared at him.

"As Salaam o Alaikum, Bhai, Bhabhi..." He said hastily as he took steps forward quickly.

[ Peace be upon you, Brother, sister-in-law... ]

"Allah Hafiz, api, Allah Hafiz Azlaan Bhai." We stared at Ali with a frown over our foreheads. What was he up to?

[ May Allah protect you, sister. May Allah protect you, Azlaan brother. ]

"Ali!" Amna stopped him midway as he passed by her.

"Kidhr ja rahay ho?" She asked him with a perplexed look on her face as she looked over at him

[ Where are you going? ]

"Api, aik important kaam hai, main ata hun bas. Allah Hafiz." He attempted to walk forward but then turned to Abd-ar Rahman 

[ Sister, it's important work, I am just coming. May Allah protect you. ]

"Bhai, gari ki chabi..." He requested, extending his hand towards Abd-ar Rahman who just raised a brow at him.

[ Brother, car keys... ]

"Kyun? Tumhari bike hai na." Ali just huffed at Abd-ar Rahman's reminder.

[ Why? You have your bike. ]

"Bhai de dein an..." I could feel Abd-ar Rahman huff and give the car keys to Ali.

[ Brother give it already... ]

After being given the car keys, he just rushed off to the car, sitting in the driving seat, he drove off. Later, we all were inside and instead of stopping and letting me go to Khala and others, he led me upstairs to our room. Their faces clearly showed the confusion and perplexity of the situation, reflecting their struggle to make sense of it all. I was taken aback too, by all of this. Normally he would let me go but this time was a no. 

We reached our bedroom he opened the door and entered behind me after closing the door, and gesturing for me to sit on the bed, which I obediently obeyed