30 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

- Amna -

After I left the room that day I didn't return and since then, I've been in my room. Maryam and Eman had visited me to congratulate me and talk to me but, the silence and disbelief of what happened still lingered in my mind. I was unable to process, it until now.

Maryam told me they had decided on dates for the nikkah on the same day, and now only the confirmation was left. Everything was going so fast that I couldn't keep up with time.

I prayed day and night, I cried I distanced myself from everything until tonight. I was sleep-deprived for the past few nights and tonight was no different.

Sitting in my bed, I stared outside at the moon from the balcony's closed glass doors when I was taken aback by a shrill of my phone's ringing. Reaching out, I grabbed it from the nightstand and stared at the caller ID.

Ever since I've been receiving those calls, I have become more aware of checking the caller ID before attending any call.

I studied the number and the country code was not from here. It was not Pakistan's country code.

It was Turkish.

Puzzled, I accepted the call hesitantly.

"Alo?" I asked in a Turkish accent, what if there was a Turkish person on the other side? Although my brows were creased together in confusion.

[ Hello? ]

"Amna?" A familiar voice reached to me through the phone as my heartbeat raced.

I stood up from the bed.

"Kiminle konuşuyorum?" I asked in curiosity.

[ Who am I talking to? ]

"Tahmin et bakalım." My brows drew closer as I took a deep breath, slipping my feet into my slippers as I went out of my bedroom into the empty corridor.

[ Guess if you can. ]

"Neyi Tahmin ederim? Kimsin sen?" This time my accent was stronger and serious as I spoke, walking towards the stairs leading upstairs to the terrace.

[ Guess what? Who are you? ]

"Sakin canım, Sakin." At one point I had bad feelings about this but then again, the familiarity in the voice made me want to not doubt the person.

[ Calm down darling, calm down. ]

"Sakin Ne? Kimsen söylüyorsun yoksa kapatayım." My voice held authority and seriousness until I heard a laugh on the other side.

[ Calm what? You tell me who you are or I'll hang up. ]

"Aslanım benim." A playful soft voice reached my ears as I tilted my head to the side in perplexity.

[ My lion/lioness. ]

Reaching the terrace, I stood near the railing as a cold gust of ring, blew my hair back.

I recognized this playfulness, this voice, this nickname... A wide smile crossed my lips.

"Aysun..." My smile spread wide as I took her name.

A soft laugh could be heard from the other end, confirming, I got the right name. I closed my eyes with an inhale.

"Evet Aşkım." I rolled my eyes at her playful and mischievous choice of words.

[ Yes love. ]

"Sus be... Neredeydin?" I couldn't hold back my happiness. She was the only person who helped me through the hard times when I was in Turkey.