25 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

Eid Mubarak 🌙

It doesn't mean anything then... Why care?

***

Suleman and Amna have been home for the past few hours. By now, everyone was back at the mansion but... He wasn't.

Even if Suleman told him to be fast, he still wasn't there so, they all had their dinner without him and had their usual evening tea and chit-chats before, everyone left for their respective rooms.

Suleman entered his bedroom after attending a short yet important call. Upon entering, he was blessed with a gorgeous sight of his wife, sitting on the prayer mat with her hands raised in the air, making Dua. Her eyes closed as she seemed so intrigued by her dua. Not to disturb her dua, he slowly sat down in the bed, plopping his chin on the palm of his hand, supported by his pillow... He was acting like a teenager, in love.

Just while he stared at his beauty... He couldn't brush off the thought about what happened today and looked down... Getting lost in his thoughts.

Humna brushed her hands over her face before getting up and folding the prayer mat she placed it on the small table on her left, when her gaze landed on a completely lost, Suleman.

Unwrapping her scarf from around her head, she took small steps towards him and sat beside him in the bed, looking down at him with a concerned gaze.

"Suleman...?" To get his attention she called out to him. Her voice was very timid and soft.

No response...

"Suleman...?" This time her hand raised to rest on his shoulder, startling him as he flinched and turned his head in her direction.

"Huh?"

He was clueless about his surroundings.

"AP theek to hain? Kahan khoye huay they?" She asked, her voice laced with concern.

[ Are you okay? Where are you lost? ]

Suleman slowly sat up straight, still thinking of what happened before he took a deep breath, holding his head in his hands, closing his eyes. Humna, who was getting worried for him, every passing minute just stared at him as he hand was resting on his shoulder.

"Suleman... Sab theek to hai?" She finally asked the question strangling her mind.

[ Suleman... Is everything okay? ]

Suleman's heavy inhale and exhale made her breath stuck in her throat.

"Mujhe Nahin pata, Humna begum... Yahan ho Kya Raha hai..." His voice, brought his helplessness on display of his face and eyes for her to see.

[ I don't know, Humna... What is going on here... ]

Not able to resist his helplessness, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. Resting her chin on his head caressing his back back in a soothing manner.

"Suleman, sab Kusch theek ho jaye ga. AP mujhe bataen to sahi." Rubbing small circles on his back she spoke.

[ Suleman, everything will be alright. At least tell me. ]