31 - DIL NIHAAD 🌸

A week passed until the date was confirmed and everything was going normally... Or, was it?

Amna was regular with her hospital work for this past week but not anymore because she has been forbidden by her lovely mother even to take a step out of the house.

The Farooqi mansion was once again busy with arrangements and preparations for the upcoming wedding.

Not only Amna... Everyone was forbidden to leave the house, except the men. But, that too, only for required wedding preparations.

Everyone was scared and happy at the same time. And some were sad too. Life has never been easy for them. It's not easy on anyone. But you know... As our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said;

"The world is a prison for a believer and paradise for the disbeliever."

It's a prison that can only be escaped on the day of Qiyamat ( The Day of Judgement ).

Also, ever since that day... Amna hasn't received a single call from her Turkish best friend. And she was upset about it. Some conflicts and this too... Well... Some are challenging at some times.

Now, if we talk about today... Amna was dragged by her beloved sister-in-law, mother, and Aunt... To go shopping for her wedding dress and some jewelry.

She didn't like a thing. Why? Because... There was a lot on her mind lately. If you ask how much? You can't even weigh the amount of her inner turmoil.

"Amna... Ye Dekho." Maryam pulled her in front of a mannequin, displaying a beautiful silver-ish white lehenga, with heavy embroidery, and beadwork over it, making it look magnificent.

[ Amna... Look at this. ]

"It's too much..." She replied, glancing over her shoulder at the excitement-filled figure of her best friend and beloved sister-in-law.

"To? Tum bhi koi Kisi se Kam ho Kya?" Maryam questioned raising a brow at her.

[ So? Are you less than anyone? ]

"Magar Maryam-"

[ But Maryam- ]

"Ruko, main Khala aur Chachi ko Bula kar ati hun." With that, Maryam rushed across the store and Amna could only shake her head.

[ Wait, I will call Khala ( mother's sister ) and aunt. ]

Sighing heavily she just stared at the magnificent dress before her phone rang and she took it out to look at it, It wasn't the number he used to call her with. There was a possibility It could be from the hospital.

Amna walked to a secluded corner and picked up the call.

...

"As Salam o Alaikum... uff... Kitni piyari lag Rahi ho abhi..." Her heart dropped. Her hands moved almost immediately to hang the call but the voice stopped her.

[ Oh... How beautiful you look right now... ]

"Aik minute. Call na katna. Puri baat sun Liya karte hain." Her heart was clenching and she felt suffocated as if she was surrounded by some darkness, blocking her source to breathe properly.