Chapter 61

Once they had gathered themselves and readjusted their clothing, they left the embrace of the ruins, stepping out towards the surrounding woods. The air was fresh with the promise of the day ahead.

"Ready for another adventure?" she playfully inquired, turning to Azriel with a grin.

Her question was met with a light furrowing of his eyebrows, a mix of curiosity and surprise evident in his expression.

"There's more?" he asked, a hint of wonder in his voice.

She chuckled lightly, the sound echoing softly in the tranquil forest setting.

"Your birthday lasts the whole day," she reminded him, emphasizing the ongoing celebration.

He responded with a light blush, an endearing sign of his appreciation and slight bashfulness. Extending her hand towards him, he took it quickly, his grip firm and warm.

As they stood there for a moment, she cast one last look back at the ruins, the site of their significant past encounter. Then they stepped forward, ready to embrace whatever lay ahead. In that instant, they vanished, leaving the ruins behind.

+

They arrived in Velaris. She led him to a quaint café tucked away in a quieter part of the city, a hidden gem known for its delightful ambiance and exquisite cuisine.

As they settled into their seats, the warmth of the café enveloping them, they ordered an array of dishes. The table soon overflowed with a variety of foods; each dish more enticing than the last. They savored every bite, the flavors a symphony on their taste buds, as they exchanged stories and laughter. It was a feast not just of food, but of shared moments and joy.

They shared a slice of cake, its richness perfectly balanced with sweetness. Between bites, Azriel looked at her, a softness in his eyes.

"What else is in store for the day?" he asked, curiosity lacing his words.

Smiling, she leaned forward, her voice tinged with excitement and mystery.

"It's a surprise," she teased, watching his reaction, enjoying the anticipation that flickered across his face.

"You've already made this the best birthday I've ever had," he said, his words carrying a weight that filled her heart with an indescribable happiness.

"We still have a few hours left in the day to celebrate," she told him, her voice firm with resolve.

"And I want to keep this going, to make every moment count."

+

The rest of their day in Velaris was a journey through Azriel's favorite haunts, each place holding a special significance in his life. Lowen reveled in his happiness and eagerness as they moved from spot to spot, his usual reserve giving way to a lightness that was both rare and beautiful to witness. His joy was infectious, and she found herself smiling constantly, simply enjoying the pleasure he derived from each familiar place and memory.

As the day began to wane, she leaned in close to him, excitement bubbling within her.

"We have two more adventures before the day ends," she whispered, watching his reaction with delight.

He looked at her, a playful skepticism in his eyes.

"What could we possibly have left to celebrate?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

She laughed, the sound light and carefree.

"I could easily celebrate you forever," she said, her words a testament to the depth of her feelings for him.