Episode 2: Sacred Shield

After a successful mock battle between the three houses, the students head back to the monastery to celebrate, while the twin professors are carried off to the infirmary after being defeated by said students. Their wounds while not severe left them worse for wear, but in due time they were back in action. Only for them to find themselves in a new problem

M Byleth: holding his head Talk about a beating, huh.

F Byleth: You said it. Those students of ours sure do hit hard.

M Byleth: I guess that means their training has paid off then.

F Byleth: Say, where are we?

Manuela: You're in the infirmary professors. The students certainly didn't go easy on you it seems.

M Byleth: How, did we get here?

Manuela: Jeralt and I carried you back. And I must say it was a trip carrying someone in my arms. If only a man would do that for me.

Jeralt: Don't get too excited though. I had Manuela carry my daughter while I took my son.

F Byleth: Thanks, Jeralt.

Jeralt: Anytime kid. Say, if you're feeling better. Come see me in my office just next door.

M Byleth: Sounds good. Are we good to go Manuela?

Manuela: Well you seem in fine shape all things considered, so sure. Go ahead.

the twins make their way to Jeralt's office and look around

F Byleth: So, this was where you worked when you were at the monastery?

Jeralt: Correct. I'm honestly surprised they never touched anything while I was gone. It's exactly how I left it when I... well that's not important now is it. So, tell me, you've been adjusting well to your new lives?

M Byleth: I think so. There's just a lot of people we get to regularly see and interact with.

F Byleth: Definitely beats cutting them down in a pool of blood back in the day.

Jeralt: Not as exciting of a life here physically, but perhaps it'll be better for you guys in another way.

M Byleth: ... Jeralt.

Jeralt: Yeah?

M Byleth: When we first got here, you said to watch out for Rhea, as if you knew something about her that others didn't.

Jeralt: Oh, that. Well, ... It's just that, I fought alongside Rhea for a long time, more than any other knight that's served in the Knights of Serios. And when you spend enough time with someone, you start to learn about things most people don't often hear. All I'm saying is, is if anything Rhea tells you seems strange or something, come talk to me and I'll clear it up for you. Does that make sense?

F Byleth: I think so. Thank you.

Jeralt: Don't mention it kid. Now then, speaking of Rhea, she gave me a mission. So I'll be off to deal with some bandits. Shouldn't take too long though, I'll be back before dinner.

M Byleth: Good luck out there.

Jeralt: Thanks. leaves

F Byleth: ...

Sothis: interally to the twins Is there perhaps something on your mind now?

F Byleth: I was just, thinking about how different things are now, but also how not much has changed either way.

M Byleth: Jeralt would always head out on missions alone while we stayed at the house to ourselves, but now we're in a monastery with a bunch of other people.